Malaysia Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) Scholarships 2022
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Number of Opportunity: 60
Application is open for Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) scholarship for the academic year of 2022-2023. International students who are willing to continue their education and study their master’s degree in Malaysia, can a apply to this fully-funded program offered and supported by Malaysia’s Ministry of Education, Since its start, this program has benefitted over 34,500 people from 144 developing nations.
- Founded and funded by: Malaysia’s Ministry of Education
- Start of application: 16 June 2022:
- Application deadline: 16 July 2022
- Shortlisting process: late July 2022
- Invitation to interview: End of July 2022:
- Interview session: Early August 2022
- Announcement of successful applicants: Middle of August 2022
- Latest date to arrive in Malaysia: end of October 2022
- Host country: Malaysia
- Duration: 12 to 24 months
- Course level: Masters
Areas of study:
- Science, Technology, and Engineering (except nursing, medicine, and clinical pharmacy)
- Economics, Finance, Management, and Banking
- Social Science and Humanities
- Information and Communication Technology
- International Relations and Political Science
- Agriculture and Aquaculture
- other related fields
The MTCP Scholarship provides the following:
- Allowance for Travel (Air Tickets).
- Allowance for Thesis.
- Allowance for Family Assistance.
- Allowance for Placement.
- Allowance for Tools.
- Allowance for House Rental.
- Allowance for Books.
- Allowance for Living Expenses.
- Allowance for Practical Training.
- Allowance for the End of Study.
- Medical Insurance allowance
- Tuition fees
Applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
- Posses an IELTS (minimum score of 6.0) as proof of English language proficiency; or TOEFL paper-based test score of 500 or a TOEFL internet-based test score of 60.
- Be enrolled in full-time postgraduate studies at the designated Higher Learning Institutions and have a valid admission letter.
- Hold 45 years of age or be younger.
- Applicants for the Master’s Degree Program should have a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.0 at the Undergraduate Degree level.
- Applicants who have already finished their studies at an English medium institute may submit an English Proficiency certificate.
- Applicants with degrees in English as a medium of instruction may also be considered (evidence is a prerequisite).
All of the papers listed below must be uploaded to an online application form:
- Medical examination from.
- MTCP Scholarship recommendation.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Malaysian universities’ admission offer letters (if applicable).
- Certified copies of English Language Proficiency exams.
- A passport copy that has been certified (valid for at least 18 months).
- A copy of the Academic Transcript that has been certified.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation are required for the scholarship.
- Intent letter
- Covid 19 Vaccination
List of Universities Accepting Applications for the MTCP Scholarship Program
You can pursue your Master’s degree at any of the Malaysian universities listed below:
- University Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA).
- University Malaysia Kelantan (UMK).
- University Utara Malaysia (UUM).
- University Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM).
- University Malaysia Pahang (UMP).
- University Technical Malaysia Melaka (UTEM).
- University Malaysia Terengganu (UMT).
- University Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM).
- University Malaysia Sabah (UMS).
- University Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI).
- University Technology MARA (UiTM).
- University Malaya (UM).
- University Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS).
- University Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM).
- University Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP).
- University Sains Malaysia (USM).
- University Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM).
- University Putra Malaysia (UPM).
- University Technology Petronas (UTP).
- University Technology Malaysia (UTM)
How to Apply?
Applicants should register online and submit all the applications together with all relevant documentation.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Successful candidates will get notified by end of August. the student will need to inform via email at [email protected] the preferred date of travel and airport location. Please note, that if you are a successful candidate, you should travel to Malaysia by end of October at the latest and arrange your accommodation independently. It is advised that you take enough money with you for at least two months for the administrative process and to create a bank account to receive the scholarship allowance.
- Canada Destination Québec Scholarships for merit and waivers from supplemental tuition expenses 2022
- Yale University Emerging Climate Leaders Fellowship (Fully-funded) 2022
- KROC IPJ Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Program 2022-23 at University of San Diego
- United Nations/European Space Agency Fellowship Program on the Large Diameter Centrifuge Hypergravity Experiment Series (HyperGES)2022
For more information, kindly visit Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP).