Trash to Cash Challenge 2022 for Young People Worldwide (Up to $1,200)
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non-Degree /Short program
Number of Opportunity: 4
Eligible Region/CountriesOpen for all
Do you want to win cash prizes worth hundreds of dollars? Today is the last day to join the Trash to Cash Challenge 2022. Begin gathering stuff that would otherwise be discarded and turn them into a new product. The Trash to Cash Challenge by Teach a Man to Fish is a new program that aims to inspire young people to become eco-pruners by giving them the opportunity to do good in the world while also learning valuable life skills through a short business challenge with an environmental focus.
Organized by: Teach a Man to Fish
Application Start Date: July 02, 2022
Application Deadline: July 11, 2022
Winner Announcement: July 25, 2022
Prizes & Benefits:
- Each participant who completes the submission form by the deadline will get a Certificate of Participation.
- There are four awards totaling $1,200, divided into 4 categories:
- Most trash converted into products: $300.
- Most creative repurpose of waste: $300.
- Most sales made: $300.
- Most social media “likes” on video: $300.
- Open to all young individuals in any country who are 25 years old or younger.
- Participants must be 25 years old or younger; however, teachers of all ages are encouraged to assist them.
- You can compete as an individual or as part of a team of up to five people made up of friends, classmates, or siblings.
- Each team can only submit one entry.
It’s a good idea to include the following in your submission:
- Photographic evidence of
1) the amount of trash collected,
2) the product(s) you generated from the trash gathered, and
3) the product being sold (s)
4) Your sales records show how many things you sold, at what price(s), and how much money you made.
- To be eligible for the Public Choice reward, you must publish an original video clip on social media. The film must be under two minutes long and demonstrate the garbage collected, the product made, and the selling procedure. Only one video per person or team is allowed. Still, you can submit up to 20 links to the same video from your own social media accounts on multiple platforms via the Submission Form (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok).
- The #TrashToCashChallenge video submitted on social media must be set to public mode. The video must be shared as a reel or a video that appears in the feed on Instagram, not as an Instagram story.
- You must own all copyrights to the material you submit, including any sound effects or music you utilize. There must be no obscene, violent, racist, or defamatory content in any competition submissions.
How to apply for Trash to Cash Challenge?
There are three basic steps to follow:
- Prepare yourself: Create a product or products out of things that would otherwise be discarded, such as plastic bottles, scrap paper, and so on. Keep in mind to weigh the rubbish you collect.
- Day of Sales: On Sales Day, Saturday, July 2, sell as many of the product(s) as you can. You only have one day to make as much money as possible!
- Send your entry: Make a brief video of your adventure and post it on social media. Please fill out the short submission form, including a link to your video and photographs, and tell them how much waste you saved, what product you developed, and how much money you made.
For detailed information about the Trash to Cash Challenge, please visit Teach a Man to Fish’s website.
You may also like these opportunities:
- Call for Applicants: 7th Asean Foundation Model Asean Meeting 2022
- KROC IPJ Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Program 2022-23 at University of San Diego
- United Nations Pitching Peace Youth Music Challenge
- Todai Fellowship by University of Tokyo in Japan
- V Euromed Young Researchers Forum 2022 Fully Funded to Spain
- Cora Weiss Fellowship 2022 for Young Women Peace Builders
Pfizer Scholarship to Attend One Young World Summit 2022 in United Kindom Conference Scholarship