Canada has offered the resettlement of up to 20000 vulnerable Afghan citizens to Canada through the following programs:
- Canada offers refuge to Afghans who assisted Canada
- Special humanitarian program focused on resettling Afghan national who are outside of Afghanistan and who don’t have a durable solution in a third country include people Such as:
- Women leaders,
- Human rights advocates
- LGBTI individuals
- Journalists and people who assisted canadian journalists
- Immediate family members of one of the above
- extended family members of previously resettled interpreters who assisted the Government of Canada.
Those who are outside of Afghanistan and need urgent protection, contact the nearest office of the UNHCR
Who can apply?
- Applicants of immigration program for Afghans who assisted the Government of Canada should read the eligiblity and the application procedure HERE
- Applicants of Canada humanitarian program for Afghan national in need of resettlement can be one of the following groups:
- Be Afghanistan nationals outside of Afghanistan
- Family members of Afghans who assisted the government of Canada
Applicants who meet the following requirements can apply:
- Be An Afghan national
- Be outside of Afghanistan
- Do not have a durable solution in a third country
this group includes:
If you are an extended family member of someone who helped the government of Canada and has already been resettled to Canada you can apply to this program. this includes family members who are still in Afghanistan.
More details will be shared when they are available.
How to apply?
The application procedure for each program is different.
Applicants applying to humanitarian program can’t apply directly. They should apply by the UNHCR or another desgnated referral organization.
Read the complete details on Canada Immigration website