UNESCO – Youth-led Projects in AI Ethics (USD 15,000)
- Award/ Grant
- United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) posted 1 week ago
- Posted: June 9, 2021 -Accepting applications
Area of Study Applied Science
Eligible Region/CountriesAsia Pacific region
UNESCO Bangkok Office invites young people who work in the field of ethics of artificial intelligence (AI) in the Asia Pacific region to submit their proposals for the Youth-led Projects in AI Ethics 2021 funding program. Therefore, if you meet the requirements, do not miss the opportunity to benefit from this outstanding opportunity.
Announce date: June 13, 2021
Deadline: July 31, 2021, 11:59 PM ICT (based on a rolling basis)
Organized by: UNESCO
The total budget considered for this program is USD 15,000, but the funding amount varies, which depends based on:
- Quality of proposals;
- Need for funding;
- The ability to have access to another financial resource;
Note: The funding amount will not be used for the following purposes:
- To purchase equipment such as personal computers;
- International travel costs such as participating in a conference or other events;
- Research activity should explore the legal and public policy implications of the rise in AI technology;
- Your research interventions supposed to examine the intersection of AI, the social sciences, and the humanities such as art, culture, and philosophy;
- Advancement of information products contributing to increased understanding of AI technologies, its relevance, and relevant ethical problems;
- Awareness-raising and advocacy initiatives relevant to ethical usage of AI technologies;
- Projects using AI technologies for specific beneficial results;
- Any youth-led projects that contribute to increasing of information regarding AI technologies and AI ethics topics among youth, AI ethics stakeholders, and the mass;
- The selected projects must be implemented and funding disbursed from August—December 2021.
Who can apply?
- Any teams or individuals can submit their proposals;
- The applicant’s or team members age must be between 18 – 35 (defined as the youth) at the time of application;
- All organizations including NGOs, think tanks, and startups are invited to submit their applications;
An independent committee will assess all applications and will select the winners based on the following:
- The project’s relevance to UNESCO’s areas of competence;
- Contribution to the field of AI ethics;
Therefore, you are required to state in your application that how the project you are proposing aligns with any of these areas.
Interested and qualified applicants can submit their proposals to the following email before the closing date. Please take in mind that late applications will not be considered.
For more/detailed information, you can visit the official website here.
In case of having any query do not hesitate to contact the bellow email: