UNESCO International Literacy Prize 2021
- Award/ Grant
- United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted: June 6, 2021 -Accepting applications
Language Requirement nor required
Area of Study other
Number of Opportunity: 6
UNESCO accepts applications for the UNESCO International Literacy Prize 2021 program. Governments, non-governmental organizations, and individuals are eligible to apply. The program is designed to reward six individuals or organizations for promoting literacy rates in the world. The program or projects are invited to reflect the theme “inclusive distance and digital literacy learning.” Therefore, qualified individuals or organizations can submit their applications before the closing date.
Closing date: for nominating entities: June 13, 2021, and deadline for entities to submit their nominations: June 27, 2021 (midnight, Paris time)
Organized by: UNESCO
- The UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize: USD 20,000 for each awardee (three awards);
- UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy: Three awards USD 30,000, which the government of China funds;
- Each prize winner will receive a medal as well;
- Individuals, governments, and non-governmental organizations are eligible to nominate;
- NGOs, and national commissions that have an official partnership with UNESCO and making outstanding contributions for literacy promotion;
- Activities relevancy to the announced themes;
- Relevance to the societal and individuals needs;
- The teaching and learning quality;
- The activities impacts;
- Innovative approaches;
- Sustainability of the project or program;
How to Apply?
Qualified applicants need to fill out the online application form appropriately by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below.
For more/detailed information, you can visit the official website here.