Microsoft AI for Accessibility Grants 2021
- Award/ Grant
- Microsoft posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted: June 7, 2021 -Accepting applications
Language Requirement nor required
Area of Study Applied Science Art and Humanities Education and LanguageSocial Science
Microsoft is now accepting proposals for the AI for Accessibility Grants 2021 Program. The program aims to support projects which use AI to empower people with disabilities. They are looking for teams or individuals firmly rooted in the involved communities and are passionate enough to make the world more inclusive. Therefore, qualified team or individual applicants are invited to submit their proposals to win up to USD 20,000.
Closing date: July 30, 2021 (11:59 PM Pacific Time)
Result Announcement date: 90 days after the closing date
Organized by: Microsoft
- The winning proposal will receive an amount starting from USD 10,000, 15,000, and USD 20,000, depending on the scope of the project and the community’s needs.
- NGOs, academics, researchers, and inventors working/partnering with people with disabilities;
- Nationals of any country in the world are eligible to apply;
- Those who do not meet the requirements can partner with a person in their community to submit a joint application;
- Scientific merit;
- Innovative usage of AI technology;
- Scalability potential
- Openness to share data;
- Feasibility (timeframe: one year)
- Your capability of delivering the idea;
- Your project should be Showcase-able;
Potential applicants can submit their proposals online in of the following three focusing areas:
- Home: How can AI promote opportunities in appliances, transportation, healthcare, and safety?
- Community: How can we advance personal networking and the role of technology in mental health?
- Education: To ensure accessibility of learning means, language development, and assistive technology options;
- Employment: How can we positively change the employment rate for people with disabilities by more intelligent technology?
For detailed/more information, you can visit the official website here.