World Bank Legal Internship Program for Law Students (2023 Spring Cycle)
Language Requirement Not required
The World Bank Group (WBG) offers a legal internship program named “Legal vice Presidency” to highly motivated law students to help them be exposed to the work and mission of the World Bank and that of the legal voice presidency. Moreover, it allows individuals to add fresh perspectives, ground-breaking ideas, and the latest research experiences to the World Bank’s daily operations and enhance their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
Application period for Fall Cycle: 1 April – 30 April (the internship is offered thrice a year, and the current cohort is for Fall 2022)
Application period for Spring semester: September 1-30, 2022
Application period for Summer: December 1 -31, 2022
Duration: Max. 3 months
- Spring: 10 – 12 weeks, typically between March and May
- Summer: 10 – 12 weeks between June and August
- (Fall: between September and November)
Awarding institution: World Bank
Location: WB’s Headquarters in Washington D.C. and its certain selected country offices for currently enrolled law students
- The program provides students with direct experience of the daily operations of the World Bank by working with staff in legal voice presidency.
- Participants will work directly with World Bank’s inspiring development experts and senior management to contribute to the legal services delivered by LVP.
- Gain experience in the form of externships during the academic year while enrolled in a law program.
- Participate in special events and conferences held by the World Bank.
Note: The world bank does not pay any remuneration to interns, and students partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program must secure appropriate funding sources for the duration of their internships paid by a university or sponsoring organization.
Applicants meeting the below requirements are eligible to apply:
- Hold citizenship of an International Bank for Reconstruction & Development (IBRD) member country.
- Be currently pursuing an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, Ph.D., or equivalent degree.
- Have an outstanding command of the English language.
- Those who have a sound command of a second language, particularly if that is a WB working language, will be given preference.
- Statement of Interest/motivation
- Evidence of enrollment in university in a law degree and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay answering a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
How to apply for World Bank Legal Internship Program for Law Students?
Eligible applicants can apply online through the following link.
You may refer to the official link On the World Bank website for more details on the program.
Similar opportunities you may be eligible for:
- Coastal Resilience Media Grants 2022 by Earth Journalism Network
- AAAS-TWAS Course on Science Diplomacy 2022 for scientists and policymakers
- UNESCO International Fund for Cultural Diversity 2022
- Summer School Essay Competition 2022 by Immerse Education
- Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2022 Program for Software development enthusiasts