Whitely Fund for Nature 2022 Awards for Grassroots Conservation Leaders
Level Non Degree
Application for the 2022 Whitely Awards is Open for grassroots conservation leaders working across the Global South. This program will support dynamic, mid-career conservationists who want to scale up practical community-based projects that benefit from further funding, recognition, and international support.
Award details and Benefits
- Application deadline: 31 October 2021 (midnight GMT)
- Awarding institution: Whitely Fund for Nature (WFN)
- Value of award: it worth £40,000 in project funding over one year.
- Peering with a network of over 200 Whitley Award alumni in over eighty countries.
- Will enhance your chance to apply for further funding via WFN’s Continuation funding and Gold Award programs.
- International media spotlight.
- The award ceremony will be in London in spring 2022. If COVID-19 intensified, the ceremony would be held virtually.
Eligibility criteria for the applicants
- Anyone can apply for the Whitely Award.
- According to the World Bank, applicants should be local leaders from or work in a low-income economy country. If you have further questions regarding the eligible countries, please get in touch with WFN
- Those applicants who are nationals of the country in which they are working.
- WFN looks for grassroots environmentalists from locally integrated NGOs in developing countries.
- Those with good communication skills and passionate people preferred (Ability to communicate in English).
- Must have strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Work concerning (and benefiting) the local community and stakeholders is essential.
- Projects that are based on scientific evidence and understanding are eligible.
Read more about the eligibility here
How to apply?
Interested applicants should first of all check the eligibility criteria. If you were eligible, then create an account for yourself and finally complete the application form online.
Remember to add three referees in the application portal to support your application.
Click here to register yourself
Click here to see more application guideline
The documents you need:
- Three referees to support your application.
- As part of the application procedure, you must download 2 files from the portal
- Microsoft Word template for logical framework/timeline.
- Microsoft Excel sample for budgets.
You will upload them to the application site. Your referees can submit their recommendation letters independently but before the deadline.
For the Official Link, click here
ILO’s SDG 8.7 Innovation Challenge for Collaborative and Innovative Work toward SDG 8.7 ($ 30K Grant) Award/ Grant competition conference
World Bank “Utility of the Future”Challenge 2021 for Creative Young Individuals announcement competition conference