WASH Sub-Engineer Vacant Post in Kandahar by ACTED
Language Requirement Not required
Level Bachelor Master
Number of Opportunity: 4
Eligible Region/CountriesAfghan Nationalities
ACTED, an international non-governmental organization, has recently announced a vacant post of WASH sub-engineer in the Kandahar region office.
The primary goal of the position is to mainly focus on and manage the technical issue of the WASH project. The position holder also improves ACTED presence and visibility in the field level and WASH groups. The position ensures that sustainable systems are set in place for long time operation and maintenance.
The main functions and responsibilities of the position are to manage and coordinate the staff and ensure cross-program integration, learning, sharing, and adoption of the best practices for other ACTED programs. Also, other responsibilities of the position are to assess, survey, and implement projects, daily site visits and monitoring, train the skilled and unskilled workers, CDCs, and WG members, and provide technical training and maintenance of the construction to the committees and communities.
Application deadline: 24 September 2022
Provided by: ACBAR
Job Location: Kandahar
Organization: ACTED Afghanistan
Funding Type: Partially-funded
Number of Positions: 4
Years of Experience: At least two years
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan
Contract Duration: 6 months
Language Required: English
Employment Type: Full-time
Fields Required: Civil Engineering and WASH-related subjects
WASH sub-engineer will receive a monthly salary according to ACTED’s Salary Scale.
Applicants who wish to apply for this position should meet the following criteria:
- Applicant should hold a bachelor’s degree, diploma, or advanced diploma in the field of civil engineering or WASH-related subjects.
- Applicant should have a minimum of two years of work experience
- Should have previous experience in WASH, hygiene, and sanitation management of projects with a limited budget and agreed timetable.
- Applicant should have previous advocacy experience in the field of WASH, hygiene, and sanitation activities
- S/he should be highly motivated and interested in working with local communities
- Applicant should be goal-oriented, a team player, independent, and have the ability to work under pressure with multi-tasking in a multi-cultural environment.
- applicant should have excellent written and spoken skills in English and national languages to present technical information
- Should be familiar with Microsoft Office and engineering programs, including AutoCAD, Archi CAD, etc.
- Applicant must be able to travel in different provinces of Afghanistan.
- Applicant may have previous work experience with partners and local government
- Committed to gender equality and being politically and culturally sensitive with quality of patience and diplomacy
The position holder, at a glance, is responsible for the following activities:
- The engineer is responsible for field village level WASH project management to prepare technical documents and review the technical design and project implementation on the field.
- The engineer is responsible for verifying the fact of measures and checking the quantity.
- The engineer should show the impact of the WASH project implemented by ACTED at the village level and the household level.
- S/he is responsible for his activities in terms of quality, meeting the targets and deadlines, and bill of quantity.
- S/he should do household-level planning, reporting, awareness, capacity building, field staff planning, and good coordination.
How to Apply
Applicants who want to apply for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter to bellow submission email. Please note to mention the Vacancy Number, Position Title, and Province name in the subject line of your email. Please only attach documents such as Tazkira, certificates, or awards if you are shortlisted. Do not attach while submitting your CV and Cover Letter.
Find More Jobs
Submission email: [email protected]
The WiSTEM2D Scholars Award Program by Johnson and Johnson Award/Grant Research
Organization of Islamic Cooperation Youth Scientific Congress in Kazan Event Short Program