VentureWell OPEN 2023 Conference Calls for Proposals
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non-Degree /Short program
Eligible Region/CountriesAll Countries
The VentureWell calls for proposals for it is OPEN 2023 conference. This organization helps early-stage innovators to implement their ideas to projects through training, mentoring, funding, and awards.
The VentureWell OPEN Conference brings faculty members, administrators, global innovators, and university students to a network to share their stories, collaborate, and learn STEM practices. This conference helps all participants collaborate meaningfully with fellow attendees and ensures that the attendees have the support and tools needed to impact their program or class positively.
Call for Proposal Deadline: 28 October 2022 (11:59 p. m. ET)
Registration Opens: 22 November 2022
Location: The U.S.A, the Westin Alexandria Old Town
Funding Type: Self-funded
Number of Positions: N/A
Eligible Countries: All
Duration: 21-23 March 2023
Language Required: English
The OPEN 2023 Conference participants can:
- Share their stories, collaborate, and learn STEM practices
- Collaborate meaningfully with their fellow attendees
- Provide support and tools need to impact their program or class positively.
The OPEN 2023 proposals should mainly focus on the following topics:
- Academic Impact or Student Experience in the Innovation and Entrepreneurship (IE) Space: To improve classroom practices or attractive assignments, project-based learning, tactics for evaluating learning, etc.
- Institutional Impact and Change: Creating new IE policies, infrastructure, programs, etc.
- Off-Campus or Community Engagement: Improving regional and community-based (IE), industry engagement, programs for inclusive and long-term community engagement, etc.
- Emergent Topics in Higher Education Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Sharing possibilities and(IE) beyond engineering, emerging technologies that affect (IE), etc.
Proposals considering the following points are given special consideration:
- Share learnings from VentureWell courses and programs
- Focus on and accelerate the access of students from historically Underrepresented Groups (URGs) in (IE)
- Share learnings and findings from (IE) education assessment, research, and evaluation
- Include Minority Serving Institutions and/or community colleges
- Focus and highlight sustainable design practices
There are four sessions that participants can share their understandings and experiences:
- OPEN Ignites: This is a quick and dynamic presentation session that two presenters will deliver. Also, this session includes a small group conversation or Q&A with the presenters. The total time allocated for the OPEN Ignite session is 60 minutes.
- OPEN Workshop: In this session, presenters begin with a brief overview with a maximum of two facilitators, and then attendees will apply the featured approach or tools. Attendees will learn about work products, tools, or strategies they can immediately implement and engage with the community. The total time allocated for the OPEN Workshop session is 60 minutes.
- OPEN Foundations: This is a live panel where foundations provide introductory and foundational content for those newly entered into the field of (IE) education. The total time allocated for the OPEN Foundations session is 60 minutes.
- OPEN Teaching Toolkit: In this session, presenters share their innovative, unique, and actual tactics for teaching (IE) with a wide range of interested colleagues. They will use a poster as a visual aid to discuss their teaching techniques with participants for 90-minutes.
- Foundations and corporations that support STEM innovation
- Organizations that share knowledge and experiences increase awareness of new resources or get input from the OPEN community
- Companies with (IE) products and services
- Universities to highlight their (IE) programs and offerings and support (IE) community
Steps to Create Proposal
The applicants should follow the following steps to create and submit their proposal:
- Select a descriptive and compelling session title
- Set the number of additional presenters and facilitators
- Select your most fit areas of focus as mentioned above
- Choose your target audience
- Choose from one of four available sessions format as mentioned above
- Describe your entire session with limited 150 words
- Abbreviate the session description with 50 clear and short words to adopt the interest of your attendees
- Share the result or outcome of a VentureWell Course and Program Grant
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their proposal materials through the online application system. To start your submission, you must first create an account by clicking the Apply Now button below.
Find More Opportunities
For information and details, please visit the VentureWell website. If you have questions about a session, email [email protected], or if you have technical difficulty with the application, email [email protected].
Village Capital Financial Solutions for Migrants Accelerator Program Fund Short Program
Global Social Impact House Residential Program in the U.S. Courses Short Program
YSEALI Seeds for the Future Competition by U.S. Department of State Competition Fund