UNICEF Venture Fund for Frontier Tech Solutions for Climate Action 2023
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non-Degree /Short program
Eligible Region/CountriesUNICEF's program countries (Afghanistan included)
UNICEF Venture Fund for Frontier Tech Solutions for Climate Action is now accepting applications. To give early-stage (seed) funding to for-profit technology start-ups creating software solutions utilizing cutting-edge technologies for climate change, the UNICEF Venture Fund is looking to make up to $100K in equity-free investments.
They are searching for startups that are using cutting-edge technology for climate analytics and predictions, greener economies, reducing catastrophe risk due to climate change, carbon offsetting or emission reduction, or youth participation in climate action. They invite you to apply if your product is registered in one of UNICEF’s program countries, has a functional prototype, has outcomes that can be shown, and is (or might be) open-source licensed.
Provided by: UNICEF
Deadline: 9 January 2023
Eligible Nations: UNICEF’s program countries (Afghanistan included)
- Kim Wall Memorial Fund for Journalists by IWMF
- Fully Funded Humboldt Research Fellowship in Germany 2023
- Wikimedia Research and Technology Fund
- The winning companies will receive $100,000 in equity-free funding.
Only organizations that meet these prerequisites will be qualified:
- In a nation where UNICEF has programs, you must be registered as a private firm. (List of countries)
- You are working on open-source software projects or are prepared to do so under one of the following licenses: BSD, GNU, TAPR, MIT (hardware), CERN, MIT, or CC-BY (content);
- You already have a working prototype of the proposed solution, and early pilot tests show encouraging results;
- It’s possible that your idea will improve children’s lives.
- The solution’s applicability to kids and teenagers, its compatibility with the issue, and its potential for worldwide use.
- Project novelty and conformity to innovation principles.
- The team’s and the project’s key personnel’s suitability to carry it out.
- Finances and budget for the project.
- Check Eligibility: Checking your company’s eligibility for the Innovation Fund is essential.
- Submit Application: The Fund website is where interested firms must submit an online application. You must submit the data and supporting documentation requested on the form.
- Send out a request for proposals: All submissions are evaluated by the Innovation Fund, which then notifies the applicants. The Request for Proposal (RFP) step is when shortlisted applicants are asked to submit a comprehensive proposal.
- Display Interview: Companies who made the RFP shortlist are invited to participate in an online demo interview after a thorough assessment. The Innovation Fund team and subject matter experts from their tech teams typically conduct this 30-minute interview.
- Final Result: The Innovation Fund determines the final investment and notifies all chosen firms after thoroughly evaluating the application, RFP, and interview.
Please refer to UNICEF’s official website to learn more about UNICEF Venture Fund.
Opportunities You May Like
Keeling Curve Prize by Global Warming Mitigation Project ($35,000) Award/Grant Competition