TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Eligible Region/CountriesDeveloping countries other than Pakistan
Applications are now open for the TWAS– CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2022. The TWAS-CUI Fellowship Program for Postdoctoral Research provides fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who want to perform postdoctoral research in the scientific or social sciences. If you intend to participate in this program, do not miss the opportunity to submit your application.
Organizer: The World Academy of Science TWAS
Partner Organization: COMSATS University Islamabad
Opening date: June 01, 2022
Application deadline: August 31, 2022
Host country: Pakistan
Minimum Degree held: PhD
Duration: Up to 12 months
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Rep.
- Congo, Dem. Rep.
- Congo, Rep.
- Costa Rica
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Dominican Rep.
- El Salvador
- Eswatini, Kingdom of
- The Gambia
- Guinea Equatorial
- Iran, Isl. Rep.
- Korea, DPR
- Lao PDR
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Moldova, Republic of
- North Macedonia, Republic of
- Palestine (West Bank and Gaza Strip)
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Sudan
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Taiwan, China
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Structural, Cell, and Molecular Biology;
- Biological Systems and Organisms;
- Chemical Sciences;
- Engineering Sciences;
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences;
- Mathematical Sciences;
- Social and Economic Sciences
The award winner will receive an amount the following benefits:
- Living costs, including food
- Health insurance
- A monthly stipend
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for these fellowships:
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan); must not be present in Pakistan.
- Must not have any visa for temporary or permanent stay in Pakistan or any developed country.
- Hold a Ph.D. in a field of natural sciences; IF applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold a Ph.D. in a field of social sciences
- Apply for the fellowship within 5 years of receiving a Ph.D.;
- Be employed regularly in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and have a research assignment there;
- Provide evidence that you will return to your home country upon completion of the fellowship
- Don’t take on other assignments during the period of your fellowship.
- Must be financially responsible for any accompanying family members & any delay in completing the fellowship.
- Provide an official CUI Acceptance Letter (see sample preliminary acceptance letter that can be downloaded below or included in the online application form). Requests for acceptance must be emailed to Mr. Kashif Masood, Deputy Registrar (International), who will arrange the assignment of a host supervisor. When contacting Mr. Kashif Masood, candidates must include a copy of their CV, the completed Foreign Student Information Sheet (available for download below), a research proposal outline, and a scanned copy of their valid passport (just the information page). If you have any questions, please email [email protected] (Note: Requests sent to any other email address will not be accepted.) (Attention: Mr. Kashif Masood, Deputy Registrar of CUI);
- Provide evidence of English proficiency if English was not the medium of instruction
- Reference letters must be typed and signed on letterhead. The subject line must include CUI/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. Please keep in mind that only signed reference letters will be accepted.
How to apply for TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship?
- Apply online via TWAS online portal after June 01, 2022
- The application period is open until August 31, 2022.
- When applying, applicants must present an Acceptance Letter from CUI or by the deadline at the latest. The application won’t be considered for selection unless preliminary acceptance is received.
- Applicants to the TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Program should provide an electronic copy of their application to CUI.
To learn more about TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship, please visit TWAS’ website
- UNLEASH Global Innovation Lab 2022 in India
- Pop-Culture Young Talents 2 days Workshop for artists
- Ocean Changemakers Challenge for Researchers & Early-career Professionals 2022
- USAID Youth Excel: Our Knowledge, Leading Change program grant competition
- Green Talents Competition 2022 in Sustainable Development in Germany (Fully-funded)
International Student Week in Iran 2022 Conference
A. Noam Chomsky Global Connections Awards 2022 for Scholars announcement Award/Grant Competition