The Spencer Foundation Racial Equity Research Grants 2023 (with up to $75,000 budgets)
- View on Map
- The Spencer Foundation posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted: March 14, 2023 -Accepting applications
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non-Degree /Short program
The Racial Equity Research Grants program provides funding for educational research initiatives that will advance knowledge of and solutions to racial inequity in education. They are interested in supporting studies that strive to (re)imagine and create new forms of fair education and those that try to comprehend and disrupt the replication and development of inequality in education. Thus, they are interested in research projects that go beyond just documenting the systems and ideologies that lead to ongoing racial inequities and instead attempt to imagine educational chances in a variety of educational systems, levels, contexts, and developmental ranges.
To address the most important issues and compelling possibilities related to racial fairness in education, their program’s objective is to encourage rigorous, intellectually challenging, and technically competent research. They will continue to support research focusing on a variety of communities and equity-related concerns throughout this grant round. They welcome submissions using all types of methodology, including qualitative, mixed-methods, and quantitative approaches. Proposals that make use of QuantCrit methodologies, social network analysis, geospatial mapping, and other quantitative techniques with critical perspectives are particularly encouraged.
- Offered by: The Spencer Foundation
- Deadline: May 16, 2023
- Duration: one to five years
- Type: Award
- Eligible nation: International
Get More Opportunities Like This:
- Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards Program 2023
- Inspiring Women in Science Awards 2023 ($50,000 Prize)
- Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest for Young People (Awards and Certificates)
- Like with previous Spencer grant programs, this program is “field-initiated” in that application submissions are not expected to be formed around a particular research subject, discipline, design, technique, or geographic location.
- Applications will be accepted by the Spencer Foundation for initiatives with durations of one to five years and funding caps of $75,000 or less.
- The United States and other countries are welcome to submit plans, but they must all be submitted in English and with suggested budgets in US dollars.
- According to Spencer’s policy, proposed budgets for this program may not contain indirect cost charges and may not exceed a total of $75,000.
- The suggested projects may not last more than five years.
- The Racial Equality Research Funds program only accepts proposals for academic research projects that will advance knowledge of and solutions for racial disparity in education, broadly construed.
- Research-related proposals only; other activities are not allowed (e.g., program evaluations, professional development, curriculum development, scholarships, capital projects). Moreover, applications for research projects focused on fields other than education are not accepted.
- An earned doctorate in an academic discipline or professional field, or sufficient experience in a profession connected to education research, are requirements for Principal Investigators (PIs) and Co-PIs applying for Racial Equality Research Grants.
- Graduate students are allowed to participate in the research team but cannot be listed as the principal investigator (PI) or co-principal investigator (Co-PI) on the proposal.
- If the grant is awarded, the PI must be connected to a non-profit or public/governmental entity that is prepared to act as the administering organization. The Spencer Foundation does not give money to people directly.
- Under this program, PIs and Co-PIs are only allowed to submit one application each deadline. Moreover, PIs or Co-PIs are not permitted to have two projects that are being evaluated by two distinct programs.
How to Apply?
To apply, click the apply now button below.
For more details about The Spencer Foundation Racial Equity Research Grants, kindly refer to The Spencer Foundation’s official website.
- St Andrews Distance Learning Afghanistan Scholarship for MSc TESOL/MSc International Education
- Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2023 (€10,000)
- UK University of Dundee Support Fund for Afghan, Syrian and Palestinian students
- AFS Global STEM Accelerator Program 2023 (Fully-funded) for Girls
DSM Brighter Living Foundation Scholarship to Attend the 2023 One Young World Summit in the UK Conference Scholarship
FAOU Internship Programs 2023 Internship Training