The American Association of University Women (AAUW) – Career Development Grants 2022/23 (up to $20,000)
Language Requirement Not required
Level Bachelor Master
Eligible Region/CountriesCitizens or Permanent residents of the United States.
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s foremost advocate for women’s and girls’ equity and education. Since its inception in 1881, AAUW members have analyzed and taken positions on the most pressing concerns of the day, including educational, social, economic, and political challenges.
Applications are open for AAUW Career Development Grants. Women with a bachelor’s degree who want to develop or change jobs or re-enter the workforce in education, health, and medical sciences or social sciences can apply for Career Development Grants. AAUW created Career Development Grants in 1972 to provide “encouragement” funds to AAUW members who wanted to renew or restart academic studies for credit toward career or employment progress. Grants now fund courses beyond a bachelor’s degree, such as a master’s degree, a second bachelor’s degree, a certification program, or advanced training in technical or professional disciplines. Coursework must be completed in a recognized two- or four-year college or university in the United States or at a fully licensed or accredited technical school by the United States Department of Education. There are no funds available for doctoral-level research.
Organized by: The American Association of University Women (AAUW)
Host Country: United States
Duration: Two- or four-year
Deadline: November 15, 2022
Announcement Date: April 15, 2023
Eligible Countries: Citizens or Permanent residents of the United States.
- Catapult Development Grant 2022 for Documentary Filmmakers (up to $20,000)
- JournalismEU Professional Development Grants for Environmental Journalism 2022 (€85,000 total grant)
- Re-invitation for past Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (DEPOS / AST) for DAAD’s Alumni
Benefits of The Program
- The award amount is between $2,000–$20,000
- Education costs.
- Living costs.
- Dependent Childcaring.
- Expenses for travel to conferences, seminars, or other professional gatherings that do not exceed 10% of the grant’s total amount.
The following are not eligible for Career Development Grants unless otherwise clearly stated:
- Fees for dependents’ educational expenses.
- purchase of machinery.
- Indirect costs.
- Research assistants.
- Previous expenditures, deficits, or repayment of loans.
- Publication costs.
- Institutional (overhead) costs.
Women, including those who identify as women, are eligible for Career Development Grants if they:
- Are citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Plan to enroll in or are currently enrolled in courses/activities necessary for a professional job or promotion.
- Have a legitimate (not honorary) bachelor’s degree.
- Have no earned (non-honorary) graduate or professional degree.
- On or before June 30, 2015, they obtained their bachelor’s degree.
- plan to enroll in or are currently enrolled in one of the following sorts of programs:
Master’s degree program.
A bachelor’s or associate degree program is not in the same field of study as the preceding bachelor’s degree.
- plan to enroll in or are currently enrolled in one of the following disciplines of study:
Health and Medical Sciences.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
The following criteria are used to determine Career Development Grant recipients:
- The applicant is looking for qualifications in an unusual field.
- Commitment to education and equity for women and girls must be demonstrated.
- Financial need.
- The reason for pursuing further education or technical training.
- During the award year, the applicant will be in an underrepresented region of the nation and in a university that is not a top-tier research institution.
- To what extent is your study plan aligned with your job goals?
- The applicant comes from a racially or ethnically underrepresented group.
- Possibility of success in a given profession.
- Validity of the planned budget and its justification, including enough outside backing.
- A list of opportunities in the target field.
- Study proposals’ viability, as well as the suggested timetable.
How to Apply?
By selecting the Apply Now button below, you can view the application and register for an account on their vendor site to begin the application process. Fill out every field in the following tabs that are necessary:
- Recommendation & Review
An instructor, a job supervisor, a college counselor, or someone with extensive knowledge of you must submit your recommendation. References from services that provide dossiers, such as Payment or Interfolio, are not accepted by AAUW.
To learn more, visit AAUW’s official website.
ADBI Capacity Building and Training Program (Online Lecture Series) announcement Courses
Call for Contributions – Toward a Universal System of Monitoring To Assess The Human Rights Impact of Unilateral Sanctions announcement Event Research Short Program
World Forum for Democracy 2022 – Youth Delegation in France Conference Event Short Program
Harry Frank Guggenheim (HFG) 2022 Distinguished Scholar Awards announcement Award/Grant Competition Fund