Swedish Institute Leader Lab Program 2022 for Young Civil Society Leaders
Language Requirement Not required
Number of Opportunity: 90
The Swedish Institute Leader Lab Program 2022 for Young Civil Society Leaders accepts applications. Swedish Institute SI Leader Lab brings together young influential civil society leaders working to achieve the SDGs. This year, the program invites leaders working on Sustainable Development Goal 16. Participants are fast runners, innovative minds, and community pioneers open to new digital solutions and creative methods. The network is made up of peers from various civil society sectors and will provide participants with a diverse range of perspectives. The overarching goal is to strengthen leaders working to achieve Sustainable Development Goals.
Organized by: Swedish Institute (SI)
Application Deadline: February 2, 2022
Focus Area: Sustainable Development Goal 16
Diploma Ceremony: June 15, 2022
Program Duration: 3 Months (March 23 – June 15)
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Armenia, Algeria, Belarus, Bangladesh, Egypt, Georgia, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Syria, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Ukraine, and Yemen.
Two programs will be held, with participants from three different regions:
- 60 participants from South Asia, North Africa, and the Middle East.
- 30 Eastern European participants
Benefits of Swedish Institute Leader Lab Program 2022:
SI Leader Lab will provide you with the following benefits:
- Personal insights as a leader: how you can lead others & yourself through increased self-awareness and understanding of group development.
- An opportunity to investigate effective advocacy methods that will assist you in shaping and communicating a message to intended audiences.
- The ability to share and build knowledge in a network of experts and inspire and share experiences on common challenges.
- Swedish Institute covers and organizes training and content costs.
Eligibility Criteria for Swedish Institute Leader Lab Program 2022:
You can participate in SI Leader Lab if you:
- Have an informal or formal leadership position in a civil society organization or network working on SDG 16 of the 2030 Agenda.
- Work in a collaborative environment where you play a leadership role (formal or informal)
- Are between the ages of 22 and 32 (born 1989-2000)
- Have a working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Are a citizen of one of the eligible countries.
- Are available to participate in all aspects of the program.
- Are you willing to share the skills and knowledge you gain from the program with your team, organization, or other relevant actors.
Program Timeline & Participants’ duties:
- Schedule: March 23 – June 15 – sessions once a week from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. CET.
- In addition, there will be some additional dates with longer sessions.
- Participants have to participate in online seminars, practical group assignments, and individual project work.
Each application is evaluated using the following criteria:
- Motivation and drive
- Analytical and awareness abilities
- How much influence the applicant has on strategic decisions within his or her organization or network
- To what extent is the applicant’s organization/network driving change toward the SDGs 16.
- The candidate’s ability to benefit from and contribute to the program.
How to apply for Swedish Institute Leader Lab Program 2022?
Applications can be made through the online application portal through the links below.
These are the steps you must take to submit your application:
- Create a profile in the application portal.
- You must choose the program for which you want to apply.
- Complete all of the questions in the various sections of the application portal. Upload your curriculum vitae in the document section.
- You will receive an email confirmation once you have submitted your application.
- You’ll also get an email containing a link to record a short video. Follow the steps outlined in the email. You will be given 24 hours after receiving the link to record the video; the video will be recorded in less than ten minutes. You will be given two questions to answer in two minutes. Record in a quiet environment and, if possible, use headphones with a built-in microphone.
Check the official announcement for extra information
Similar opportunities available:
International Student Week in Iran 2022 Conference