SCSC Social Connectedness Fellowship Program 2023
- View on Map
- Samuel Centre for Social Connectedness posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted: March 13, 2023 -Accepting applications
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non-Degree /Short program
Number of Opportunity: 24
The Social Connectedness Fellowship equips students, recent graduates, youth, and individuals with lived experience with the tools they need to conduct creative research that will inspire local and global action to foster community and belonging.
The chance to do research, writing, analysis, and outreach in the areas of social isolation and connectivity will be provided to fellows working with a partner organization.
At its core, social connectedness Fellowship is a vibrant, helpful community that includes Fellows, their partners, and SCSC. Fellows are a crucial component of the worldwide effort to build a world where everyone is welcome. With the Fellowship, they make an investment in their ability to become scholars and changemakers. In addition to various courses to hone Fellows’ abilities in research, outreach, advocacy, and community involvement, they provide an introductory training at the start of the Fellowship on the theory and ideas of social isolation and belonging.
To achieve this goal, the Samuel Centre for Social Connectedness engages in collaborations, research, programming, learning initiatives, and advocacy. their work is fundamentally about belonging, and the Fellowship provides a chance to approach intersectional problems, creative writing, and problem-solving through the perspective of belonging.
- Organized by: Samuel Centre for Social Connectedness (SCSC)
- Format: Remote
- Deadline: 15 March 2023
- Duration: beginning on May 8 and lasting until August 28, 2023
- Type: Fellowship
- Eligible Nations: International
- This is a full semester summer position starting May 8 running until August 28, 2023. The wage is $22 to 24 Canadian per hour for 35 hours per week.
SCSC provides the following services through the Social Connectedness Fellowship:
- Wages that are competitive
- Collaborate with local, national, and worldwide community partners.
- Capacity development, skill development, and mentoring
- Work that is meaningful and makes an influence on your research
The Social Connectedness Fellowship gives students, recent graduates, and individuals with lived experience the chance to do creative research that will inspire local and global action to enhance community and belonging. Anybody from any country who meets that broad criteria is welcome to apply. Fellows are expected to:
- Prepare to participate in frequent online meetings, check-ins, capacity-building sessions, and remote work.
- Have a strong desire to create a more inclusive and connected society.
- Commit to the program for 35 hours each week.
- A current CV, a cover letter, and a writing sample.
How to Apply?
- Explore the ten research projects mentioned on the 2023 Fellowship homepage by clicking here.
- Choose up to two research projects to apply for.
- Click the apply now button to access the online application form.
For more details about SCSC Social Connectedness Fellowship Program 2023, refer to SCSC’s official website.
DSM Brighter Living Foundation Scholarship to Attend the 2023 One Young World Summit in the UK Conference Scholarship
FAOU Internship Programs 2023 Internship Training