Research Proposal Scholarship by Johannes Gutenburg University Mainz in Germany
Language Requirement Not required
Eligible Region/CountriesOpen for all
Are you about to finish your studies, or have you already finished? Have you considered pursuing a Ph.D. in the humanities or social sciences at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz? Do you need bridging funding to help you develop your doctoral project and secure a doctoral position or scholarship budget? If so, a doctoral research proposal scholarship from the Gutenberg Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences may be just what you need! The proposal scholarship is designed to assist potential recipients in completing a compelling research proposal within the six-month scholarship period, laying the groundwork for a successful Ph.D. scholarship application or university position. In addition to financial assistance, the scholarship will provide substantial non-material aid, such as workshops on research proposal writing and Ph.D. preparation and other advisory and skill development opportunities.
Host University: Johannes Gutenburg University Mainz
Application Deadline: June 15, 2022
Scholarship Duration: 6 months
- The monthly scholarship is €1,450 (basic scholarship plus a flat rate allowance for research costs). A childcare allowance is also possible. The scholarship is typically awarded for six months.
Applications are welcome from:
- Advanced students or graduates of any university (inside Germany or abroad) who already have or will soon have a degree entitling them to do a Ph.D. at the Johannes Gutenberg University (GU)
- Advanced students or graduates of foreign universities/institutes who wish to pursue a doctorate at JGU and have either submitted or are about to apply for recognition of their foreign qualifications
- In preparation for admission to doctoral studies, people who are currently enrolled in a JGU aptitude check/fast track procedure are presently enrolled in preparation for access to postgraduate studies.
The following materials are required for the application:
- Filled Application form
- CV in tabular format
- Cover letter (1-2 pages)
- All university degree certificates (including Transcripts of Records). If a degree certificate is not yet available, a current Transcript of Records should be included.
- A brief project outline (max. 2-3 pages + max. 1-page bibliography), including a working title for the doctorate and an indication of the discipline in which the doctorate is being completed.
- Letter of recommendation from a university lecturer (GU or home university) (max. 1-2 pages.)
- Confirmation from a JGU lecturer qualified to supervise in the selected doctoral subject and available to mentor the applicant during the funding period (It isn’t any commitment to later doctoral supervision.) The mentor’s confirmation of supervision can be sent as an informal letter, which should be scanned and attached to the application.
- Where applicable, a description of individual factors that have impacted your education or studies and resulted in the maximum three-year period between graduation and application not being followed.
How to apply for Research Proposal Scholarship by Johannes Gutenburg University?
Please send all documents electronically by June 15, 2022, to the email address below in a single pdf and follow the order given above when assembling the documents.
Submission Email: [email protected]
Selection is based on applicants’ eligibility and motivation for pursuing doctoral studies in the humanities or social sciences at Johannes Gutenberg University. Gender equality and diversity criteria will also be considered.
Similar opportunities you may also like to check:
- Global Good Fund Fellowship 2023
- Data Science and AI Scholarships for master’s degree students by Queen Mary University of London
- Ph.D. scholarships at Polytechnic University of Turin for refugees already in Italy and refugees coming from abroad 2022-23
- Rachel Carson Center Fellowship in Germany
- Institute for Human Sciences (IWM) Grants for Professionals Documenting the War in Ukraine