Project Assistant Job by United Nations Volunteers (UNV) at Kabul, Afghanistan
- View on Map
- United Nations Volunteer (UNV) posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted: March 18, 2023 -Accepting applications
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non-Degree /Short program
Number of Opportunity: 1
The United Nations Volunteers program is a United Nations organization that promotes peace and development worldwide via volunteerism. Volunteering is a tangible way to engage people in addressing development concerns, and it can change the speed and type of product.
The Project Assistant will do the following:
- With matrix management of the ABADEI PMU, report to the area manager.
- Assistance in ensuring program development, execution, and monitoring.
- Help record project/program implementation stages, best practices, and case studies.
- For all financial transactions, prepare payment requests, expenditure reports, budget revisions, and any necessary supporting documents; record these transactions appropriately.
- Assist in evaluating financial reports provided by Implementing Partners, examine vouchers and receipts, and provide supporting materials for Quantum expense recording. Coordination of deliverables submission with consultants and implementing partners.
- Review and submission of supporting documentation for payment.
- Assist with logistics and create background materials for meetings, workshops, seminars, training sessions, field excursions, etc.
- Help in setting up conferences, seminars, meetings, and missions……
- Provided by: The United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
- Host entity: UNDP
- Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
- Deadline: 27 March 2023
- Duration: 12 months (with the possibility of extension)
- Expected start date: 31 March 2023
- Type: Onsite
- Volunteer category: National UN Youth Volunteer
- Number of Opportunities: 1
- Eligible Nation: Afghanistan
More Opportunities from UNV in Afghanistan:
- Project Assistant Job by United Nations Volunteers (UNV) at Gardez, Afghanistan
- Communication and Reporting Assistant by United Nations Volunteers (UNV) at Mazar-I-Sharif, Afghanistan
- Communication and Reporting Assistant by United Nations Volunteers (UNV) at Kunduz, Afghanistan
- Communication and Reporting Assistant by United Nations Volunteers (UNV) at Kandahar, Afghanistan
- Communication and Reporting Assistant Job by United Nations Volunteers (UNV) at Kabul, Afghanistan
- Communication and Reporting Assistant Job by United Nations Volunteers (UNV) at Jalalabad, Afghanistan
- Communication and Reporting Assistant Job by United Nations Volunteers (UNV) at Bamyan, Afghanistan
- The age range for applicants must be 18 to 26.
- Applicant must be a national or legal resident of Afghanistan.
- Requires one year of national or international experience in progressively responsible program/project management.
- Proven administration, procurement, finance, and project cycle management expertise.
- It is necessary to have prior expertise in directly advising national entity authorities on technical matters.
- Prior national-level experience working with the UNDP framework or an international NGO.
- Computer and office software experience (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.), advanced understanding of spreadsheet and database applications, and web-based management system handling expertise.
- Outstanding authoring, formulation, and reporting abilities; strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to operate in a demanding environment and adapt professionally and efficiently; the capacity to collaborate successfully in a multicultural team of professionals from different countries.
- Candidates must speak English, Pashto, and Dari with ease.
How to Apply?
If you would like to apply, you can click the apply now button below.
If you would like more details about Project Assistant Job, please refer to UNV’s official website.
Get More Opportunities Like This:
- Falling Walls Global Call 2023
- St Andrews Distance Learning Afghanistan Scholarship for MSc TESOL/MSc International Education
- Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2023 (€10,000)
- UK University of Dundee Support Fund for Afghan, Syrian and Palestinian students
DSM Brighter Living Foundation Scholarship to Attend the 2023 One Young World Summit in the UK Conference Scholarship
FAOU Internship Programs 2023 Internship Training