Programme Associate Jobs at WFP – In Mazar Afghanistan
Language Requirement Not required
The World Food Program (WFP) hires program Associates in Mazar, Afghanistan.
The United Nations World Food Program is the world’s largest humanitarian organization battling hunger. WFP’s goal is to contribute to the world’s effort to eradicate hunger during our lifetimes
The hunger crisis in Afghanistan is spreading quickly, with more than half of the country’s 40 million people now experiencing acute food insecurity—the most significant figure witnessed by the humanitarian community in Afghanistan. Work possibilities are becoming scarce, with most households reporting only one day of work each week. This comes on top of the worst drought in years, which is especially alarming for 85 percent of the people whose livelihood is based on agriculture.
WFP’s goal in Afghanistan is to prevent and mitigate a severe increase in hunger and malnutrition, which can only be accomplished by scaled-up and maintained complimentary food security and nutrition measures, along with a scale-up of resilience interventions to protect gains. WFP has begun a sizeable month-on-month scale-up of its crisis response and resilience programs across the country, ensuring that the program is provided appropriately and to the right places. WFP is also continually monitoring emerging patterns to anticipate hotspots and ensure the program’s quality and maximum effect through monitoring these hotspots to enable sustained donor advocacy.
To provide adequate specialist support and technical analyses to policy and program actions that address food assistance requirements effectively.
Provided by: World Food Program (WFP)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 Months – with the possibility of extension
Duty Station: Mazar, Afghanistan
Vacancy Number: 173365
Date of Publication: 19 Sep 2022
Deadline of Application: 03 Oct 2022
- Data and Report Associate Jobs at WFP – In Kabul Afghanistan
- Programme Associate jobs at WFP & Multiple Locations in Afghanistan
- WFP Career Opportunities: Senior Programme Associate (Risk & Compliance)- G7- Kabul, Afghanistan
- First university degree in engineering (Bachelor’s or equivalent).
- At least three years of expertise in program implementation.
- Understanding WFP programs and policies, nutrition, food security, and food systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working experience at a United Nations agency, ideally with WFP.
- Working experience in program implementation.
- Fluency (level C) in English, plus both Pashto and Dari.
How to Apply?
Click the apply now button below to sign in or create your account.
To learn more, visit the official website.