Pratt & Whitney Global E-STEM Innovation Grants Program
- View on Map
- North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) posted 5 months ago
- Posted: June 16, 2022 -Accepting applications
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non-Degree /Short program
Eligible Region/CountriesOpen for all
The Pratt & Whitney Global E-STEM Innovation Grants Program 2022 by North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) is now accepting applications. The Grants are intended to encourage promising programs that develop and apply STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) knowledge and skills in environmental learning and problem-solving. The Pratt & Whitney Global E-STEM Innovation Grants initiative will provide nonprofit organizations and their partners with up to USD 15,000 in financing for E-STEM programs that engage students aged 11-18, particularly those underrepresented in STEM. This program’s overarching purpose is to raise students’ environmental knowledge, develop STEM abilities, and create pathways to environmental careers.
Organizer: North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE)
Closing date: July 11, 2022
If selected, Grantees will receive:
- Up to USD 15,000 in funding to assist your E-STEM programs.
- Professional growth and training
- Assistance in attending the NAAEE international virtual conference in 2023
- Peer assistance and networking
- Access to the NAAEE network and the nonprofit community at Pratt & Whitney
- Be a nonprofit organization under your country’s laws or a nongovernmental group that observes foreign government laws for philanthropic reasons. A US organization, for example, would be qualified under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Be exempt from the US or other applicable governmental sanctions and limitations.
- Have an active bank account that can receive electronic funds in USD. The bank must not be subject to the US or any applicable governmental sanctions or other restrictions.
- Submit a program that works with students aged 11 to 18.
- Be able to administer programs between November 2022 and October 2023.
- Project Description (max. 800 words)
- Partner Letter(s) of commitment
If you will work with partners, provide one letter of commitment from each partner organization (for up to 3 organizations). In each letter of commitment, make sure that they include:
• Name, address, & website URL of the partner organization
• Name & email of a contact person
• Their role description as a partner organization, including how they will work with your organization to design & implement the proposed project
• Signature of an organizational representative, if possible
- Supporting Materials (Include up to 3 URLs to any videos, photos, or websites that support your project. These supporting materials will help the reviewers better understand your organization’s relevant experience)
- Last fiscal year’s operating budget
- This fiscal year’s operating budget
- Timeline & Budget (Use this template)
After receiving the grant:
Grantees will be accountable for the following once awarded:
- Professional Growth and Networking Grantees will undergo a workshop on project planning, budgeting, and evaluation before receiving funding (October 2022).
- During the project implementation phase, grantees will be asked to participate in frequent networking calls to exchange difficulties, updates, and ideas.
- Grantees must provide a brief narrative and financial report at the halfway point of their grant (May 2023) &at the end of their project (October 2023).
- Lessons Learned & Project Impact: Grantees will be expected to share their program through possible presentations at the NAAEE virtual conference in 2023 and continuous informal communications updates (including photos and videos, if available).
- There may also be opportunities for them to share their work via North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) venues, such as blogs and social media.
How to apply for the Pratt & Whitney Global E-STEM Innovation Grants?
Applications must be submitted online using Submittable by Monday, July 11, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
For further information about the Pratt & Whitney Global E-STEM Innovation Grants, please visit the NAAEE’s website.
Similar opportunities available:
- Pratt & Whitney Global E-STEM Excellence Awards 2022
- 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures Program 2022-23 for Young Women in STEM
- Call for Video Submissions: United Nations Transforming Education Summit 2022
- Young Professionals Program 2022 by World Bank Group (WBG)
- OWSD-Elsevier Foundation Awards 2023 for Early Career Women Scientists in Developing Countries
- World Press Institute Fellowship 2023 for Journalists Worldwide