Pratt & Whitney Global E-STEM Excellence Awards 2022
- View on Map
- North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) posted 5 months ago
- Posted: June 16, 2022 -Accepting applications
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non-Degree /Short program
Eligible Region/CountriesOpen for all
The Pratt & Whitney Global E-STEM Excellence Prize 2022 by North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) application period is now open. The Prize grants up to $50,000 to charity organizations and partners who have demonstrated excellence in E-STEM programs. This opportunity seeks explicitly to recognize programs that have successfully engaged students aged 11-18, specifically those considered underrepresented in STEM (science, technology, engineering, & math), in meaningful learning experiences that increase STEM skills through environmental problem solving (the “E” in E-STEM). Because the overarching purpose of this initiative is to raise kids’ environmental literacy through STEM learning and establish routes to environmental occupations, applicants will be asked to outline how they intend to use the funding to reproduce or expand their successful program to reach more students.
Organizer: North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE)
Closing date: July 11, 2022
Since environmental issues are cross-disciplinary by nature, programs considered for the Global E-STEM Excellence Prize must have engaged students in at least one of the 4 STEM topics (science, technology, engineering, and/or math) and have taken action on one or more of the following solutions to environmental issues:
- Climate change solutions
- Sustainable energy
- Sustainable aviation
Prize winners will receive:
- Up to $50,000 in funding to support their organization’s vision through E-STEM.
- Global recognition for their organization’s work through NAAEE and Pratt & Whitney platforms.
- Opportunities for professional development
- Financial assistance for attending the 2023 NAAEE international virtual conference
- Peer support and networking.
- Access to the NAAEE network and the nonprofit community at Pratt & Whitney.
- A nonprofit organization under your country’s laws or NGO that observes foreign government laws for philanthropic reasons. A US organization, for example, would be qualified under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).
- Be exempt from the US or other applicable governmental sanctions and limitations.
- Have an active bank account that accepts electronic funds in USD. The bank must not be subject to any applicable US or other government sanctions or restrictions.
- Submit a program that involves students aged 11 to 18.
- Project Description (max. 800 words)
- Partner Letter(s) of Support
If you worked with partners, provide a letter of support from each partner organization that was instrumental to your project’s success. The letter should clearly outline the partner’s role in the project. You can upload up to three letters of support from partner organizations (1 letter per organization). In each letter of support, make sure that they include:
• Name, address, & website URL of the partner organization
• Name & email of a contact person
• Their role description as a partner organization, including how they worked with your organization to design and implement the project
• Signature of an organizational representative, if possible
- Supporting Materials (Include up to 3 URLs to any videos, photos, or websites that support your project. These supporting materials will help the reviewers better understand your organization’s relevant experience)
- Last fiscal year’s operating budget
- This fiscal year’s operating budget
After receiving the prize:
Prize winners are expected to do the following after receiving their award:
- Attend at least one E-STEM Award ceremony to share their story with E-STEM Award recipients.
- Provide program updates one year after the Prize is granted, as well as images, videos, and other media
- When accessible, NAAEE will share tales and videos with you throughout the year. In some instances,
- A camera team may visit the winners to document their project activity.
- Participate in the virtual NAAEE conference in 2023, with potential possibilities to present the project.
How to apply for the Pratt & Whitney Global E-STEM Excellence Awards?
Sign up or log in to the online application portal through the link below.
For further information about the Pratt & Whitney Global E-STEM Excellence Awards, please visit the NAAEE’s website.
Similar opportunities available:
- 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures Program 2022-23 for Young Women in STEM
- Call for Video Submissions: United Nations Transforming Education Summit 2022
- Young Professionals Program 2022 by World Bank Group (WBG)
- OWSD-Elsevier Foundation Awards 2023 for Early Career Women Scientists in Developing Countries
- World Press Institute Fellowship 2023 for Journalists Worldwide
- Women’s Public Leadership Network (WPLN) Fellowship 2022