Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarship 2023
Language Requirement Not required
Eligible Region/CountriesApplicants must be ordinarily resident in the UK and from a Muslim community (Afghan citizens residing in the UK)
Start your educational journey in the UK. Happy news! Scholarships at the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) are now available. The Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies created this fellowship to give financing to students from Muslim communities in the UK. The Centre, an Oxford University Recognized Independent Centre, was founded in 1985 to promote the academic study of Islam and the Islamic world. The Center serves as a hub for interaction between the Western and Islamic academic communities. It supports the interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary study of the Islamic world at Oxford. Beyond Oxford, a growing global network of intellectual relationships strengthens its function.
Organized by: University of Oxford
Deadline: 15 October
Subject: All subjects, except medicine and PGCE (List of Courses)
College: All colleges
Number of opportunities: Up to 5
Eligible Countries: Applicants must be ordinarily resident in the UK and from a Muslim community (Afghan citizens residing in the UK)
- 1300 Global Korea Scholarship by the Republic of Korea
- DAFI Scholarship for Researchers 2022/23
- 2023 KAIST International Undergraduate Scholarship in Korea
- Oxford Pershing Square Graduate Scholarship 2023
What is covered by it? (Benefits)
- Depending on the length of the course, it will cover all of your expurgates for the next three or four years.
- Your course tuition (at the domestic rate) and a stipend for living expenses will be covered.
- Candidates must be from a Muslim community and ordinarily reside in the UK.
- Applicants must be college students.
- Scholarships will be given based on academic achievement and financial need.
- Applicants who are seeking a second undergraduate degree will not be taken into consideration.
- You must regularly reside in the UK to qualify for this award. The scholarship covers only the Home rate.
How to Apply?
- You must apply to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS by 15 October 2022 through apply now button below.
- To apply via UCAS, please follow the steps below:
- Register with UCAS
- Complete your details
- Add your education history
- Complete your employment history
- Select your course choices: You can choose up to five courses (all now or some later). In this step, select the University of Oxford.
- Write a personal statement
- Submit your application
- Get a reference, pay your application fee, and send your application to the University of Oxford. (In case you are unable to pay the application fee, you can request to be exempted from the £22.50 application fee)
- In January 2023, information on how to apply for a scholarship for entrance in 2023 will be made accessible on the official website.
- The selection procedure for 2023 admission students who submit their applications by the 8 February 2023 scholarship deadline will take place in March 2023.
- In April 2023, applicants will learn the results of their applications.
To learn more, visit the official website.
- To ensure that they have enough access to financing to finance their studies at Oxford, if their scholarship application is rejected, all candidates will be requested to submit a loan application to Student Finance. If a candidate declines to apply for Student Finance, they must explain why at the time of the request. The applicant must terminate their Student Finance debts if their scholarship application is accepted.
- After their first Michaelmas Term and once a year, scholars will be required to prepare reports outlining their academic and extracurricular endeavors and successes at the university.
- The award will only be given out if you make adequate academic progress in the following years, which will be checked through your termly tutorial reports.
- Scholars can hold an Oxford Bursary and a Crankstart (formerly Moritz-Heyman) scholarship grant. Awards may be given in conjunction with other funding sources; however, this will be considered when calculating the award’s worth.
- If you are interested in applying for a scholarship and have been offered delayed admission to an undergraduate program at Oxford, do so in January of the year you want to enroll (e.g., in January 2023 if you hold an offer to start in October 2023). Applications for undergraduate scholarships are only accepted once.
- The Top 15 Fellowships for Students from Afghanistan and Abroad are Available Today!
- USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship Program in the U.S
- Falling Walls Science Summit 2022 Journalist Fellowship (founded to Berlin)
- 2022 Tarbell Fellowship for Young Journalists in the UK
Internship Opportunity with UNESCO Bangkok in Education Internship Short Program