CERN Openlab Summer Student Program
Language Requirement Not required
Eligible Region/CountriesOpen for all
CERN is now accepting applications for Openlab Summer Student Program. The Openlab Summer Internship in Europe consists of a series of lectures about the fellows’ advanced IT project. Importantly, CERN’s computing experts will prepare and present these lectures. In addition to lectures, fellows will tour the accelerator and experimental areas, as well as trips to external companies, as part of this top-tier, fully paid European Internship. This aids students in developing public relations and laying a solid foundation for their future careers and practical lives. CERN is devoted to instilling the greatest knowledge in its students, which is why students are required to compile report projects and give a presentation at the conclusion of the Openlab summer program
Organized by: European Organization for Nuclear Research CERN
Deadline: January 31, 2022 (12 PM CET time)
Duration of Internship: 9 weeks, June to August 2022
Benefits of CERN Openlab Summer Student Program:
- A 9-week association contract to work on a high-tech IT project.
- Students will be able to attend the CERN generic summer student lecture schedule if they choose, in addition to an intensive IT lecture program.
- Stipend of 90 CHF per calendar day (net of tax) to cover the cost of lodging and meals in the Geneva region for a single individual for the term of the contract.
- A lump-sum travel allowance paid at the end of your stay to assist you in covering the expense of travel between Geneva and your residence at the time of the selection committee.
- Health insurance (contribution is already deducted from the daily allowance).
- Assistance in locating lodging on or near the CERN site.
- This Summer Student Program accepts applications from candidates of all countries.
- Open to Bachelor or Master’s students (not PhDs) with a strong computer profile who have completed at least three years of full-time university education by summer 2022.
- During your time at CERN, you must be registered as a student.
- You are also eligible to apply if you plan to graduate during the European summer of 2022 (as of May).
- You shouldn’t have worked at CERN for more than 3 months in any other capacity (Technical Student, Trainee, User, or other status).
- English language proficiency is required; knowledge of French would be advantageous.
- Motivation Letter
- Academic Transcript
- Reference letter
Note: All documents must be in PDF format.
How to apply for CERN Openlab Summer Student Program?
If you’re interested and eligible, you can apply online. You will receive a confirmation e-mail with a link after your application has been submitted. If you did not post your reference letters while applying, you need to send this link to the referee so they can upload their letter of recommendation. Please keep in mind that this must be completed prior to the application deadline.
Read more about CERN Openlab Summer Student Program
You may also like these:
- Great Minds Student Internship in EMEA
- World Bank Legal Internship Program for Law Students (2022 Summer Cycle)
- Newsroom Fellowship Program 2022
- RIPS Summer Internship at University of California, Los Angeles
- NIG Internship in Japan for Undergraduate & Graduate students
- CERN Internship In Switzerland 2022
25 International Olympic Committee Young Leaders Opportunity Courses Leadership Program Mentorship Short Program Volunteer Program