Open Call-OneBeat Music Residency 2023 (Fully-funded to the United States)
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non-Degree /Short program
Number of Opportunity: 50
OneBeat is a global music exchange that promotes interpersonal diplomacy and social interaction via musical participation.
For the OneBeat Music Residency 2023, OneBeat is now accepting applications. In the spring and fall of 2023, OneBeat 11 & 12 will bring musicians together for two in-person United States-based arts exchange programs. OneBeat is a project of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, in partnership with the ground-breaking New York-based music collective Bang on a Can’s Found Sound Nation. It uses collaborative original music as a forceful new method of cultural diplomacy. For one month each season (April-May and September-October), OneBeat will bring 50 musicians (ages 19-35) from up to 50 different nations to the Southern United States to collaborate on the creation, production, and performance of original music as well as the development of strategies for art-based social engagement. OneBeat starts with an initial residence during which Fellows work together to produce unique content, record fresh musical concepts, and launch new initiatives. The OneBeat Fellows then embark on a tour where they provide performances for a variety of American audiences, collaborate with regional artists, and instruct young people. After the program is through, OneBeat artists go back to their home nations to work on projects connected to a network of musically inspired social entrepreneurs.
Founded by: OneBeat
Host Country: United States
Deadline: September 2, 2022
Announcing Date: End of January 2023.
Duration: One month each season (April-May and September-October)
No. opportunity: 50
Age requirement: 19-35
- Sony Music Group Global Scholars Program 2022/23 (Up to $20,000)
- DAAD Masters Scholarship in The Field of Music for International Students in Germany 2022/23
- United Nations Pitching Peace Youth Music Challenge
They are looking for candidates who are exceptional in the following fields:
- Excellence and innovation in music performance, composition, improvisation, production, and/or technology.
- Musicians who have utilized music to benefit their communities or larger cultures are said to be socially engaged. This might be assisting young people with their musical education, tackling social and political challenges, preserving dead musical traditions, etc.
- Collaboration – The ability of applicants to bridge cultural and musical gaps in order to write new music or reinterpret existing music while still honoring the core of each tradition.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 19 and 35 as per the program’s conclusion dates (May or October 2023).
- Bosnia Herzegovina,
- The Democratic Republic of Congo,
- Palestinian Territories,
- South Africa,
- Sri Lanka,
- United States,
- Uzbekistan, and
How to Apply?
Please select the apply now option below to apply:
To learn more, kindly visit OneBeat’s official website.
International Student Week in Iran 2022 Conference