One Young World Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 11
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non Degree
Eligible Region/CountriesOpen for all
The One Young World OYW Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 11 is now accepting applications. This Challenge aims to find & support solutions that help cities become more environmentally friendly by pushing the boundaries of sustainable construction and urbanization.
Organizer: One Young World
Supported By: Holcim
Application Deadline: February 2, 2022
Focus Area: How can we make cities greener?
- February 11, 2022: Shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited to apply for the second round.
- 2nd round of applications deadline: February 28, 2022.
- Candidate interviews will take place from March 8 to March 18, 2022.
- The winner of the Challenge will be announced on March 25, 2022.
The Holcim Group, officially known as Holcim Limited (formerly known as LafargeHolcim), is a Swiss multinational construction materials company. The company was founded as LafargeHolcim after the merger of Holcim and Lafarge on July 10, 2015, which had combined sales of CHF 26.7 billion in 2019. Holcim’s four business segments include cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, and other products, such as precast concrete, asphalt, mortar, and other building materials. It operates in approximately 70 countries and employs about 72,000 people.
Young innovators are encouraged to submit solutions that:
- Deploy affordable and scalable innovative and sustainable building materials and solutions to enable low-carbon, circular, carbon-neutral, and even carbon hostile cities.
- From green mobility to green energy, access to sustainable infrastructure should be made more accessible.
- Encourages people to live more sustainably by bridging the gap between nature and cities.
- Encourage the use of circular economy strategies to increase recycling.
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022, which will take place in Tokyo from May 16 to 19.
- Holcim will provide a $50,000 grant.
- A team of Holcim professionals will mentor you for 12 months. Based on the needs of your project or organization, the mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution, such as:
- • Business strategy
- • Best practices for data collection
- • Monitoring and evaluation
- • Product design
- The Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 11 should be clearly aligned with the Holcim-supported Lead2030 Challenge.
- Founded by an individual aged between 18 to 30
- Proposed reasonable, well-thought-out outcomes and have a well-structured time horizon identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Product/service that is already on the market or is about to enter the market.
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, such as job creation or skill development.
- The effects of solutions must have been appropriately measured and/or quantifiable.
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and self-sufficiency through the resources generated and/or the investments and donations received.
- Possibility of performing similarly or better after broadening in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
How to apply for One Young World Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 11?
There is no required document for the first round of application; you just have to fill the online application and answer the questions in the application form through the link below.
Refer to the OYW’s website for more information.
You may also like to apply to these opportunities:
- Solve[ed] Youth Innovation Challenge Prize for Young Innovators
- WTCAF UN “Peace Through Trade” Student Competition 2022
- UNESCO Clubs 2022 Worldwide Youth Multimedia Contest
- Allard Prize Photography Competition 2022 (Prize: $1,000 CAD)
- UNWTO 3rd Global Gastronomy Tourism Startup Competition
- Call for Photos By UNESCO For World Higher Education Conference (WHEC2022)
- Children’s Climate Prize 2022 (100,000 SEK)