New Media Writing Prize Competition for International Participants
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non-Degree /Short program
Number of Opportunity: 4
Eligible Region/CountriesAll Countries
The Bournemouth University Higher Education Corporation (BU) organizes New Media Writing Prize (NMWP) through the Faculty of Media and Communication. This Competition is now in its 13 years and accepts entries for 2022. The primary objective of this Competition is to reward the best new media work. Participants worldwide can freely submit their entries with no age and nationality restrictions.
Applicants can submit their good fiction or non-fiction short story, novel, poem, documentary, narrative game, or transmedia work using words, images, film, or animation with audience interaction. Every applicant must remember that interactivity is a crucial element of new media storytelling.
Deadline: 25 November 2022, 12:00 noon UK time,
For Writing Magazine Student Award: 20 December 2022 12:00 noon UK time
Organization: Bournemouth University
Funding Type: Partially-funded
Number of Awards: 4
Eligible Countries: All
Language Required: English
Fields: Literature and Journalism
There are several awards in this Competition that participants can submit their entries and win. The prizes are as follows:
- The Chris Meade Memorial New Media Writing Prize: £1000
- The Student Award: To Be Determined
- The Opening Up Award: £500
- The Digital Journalism Award: £500and one-year FIPP membership
There are prerequisites that participants must follow and agree to so that their entries are considered for the Competition as follows:
- Entries must be in English
- Entries must not be text-only stories or poem
- All works for this Competition must be original and not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. The entries copy right is safe for the entrant (s).
- Each entry should have the following information within the text of an online form:
- Title of the work
- Entrant’s contact details
- Access details of the entry such as URL or codes for apps
- Short autobiography of the entrants (50-100 words)
- Student entrant should provide a proof identity
- Should not upload more attachments
- Should agree that BU uses their work in BU’s corporate publications, on the BU website, New Media Writing Prize partners’ websites, and in BU’s an advertising and marketing materials for display purposes.
- Should agree to grant permission for their work to achieve in the NEXT collections and in New Media Writing Prize Collection at the British Library and
- Should meet all other requirements set for this Competition
The following groups are the target audience of the BU NMWP competition:
- Or an enthusiast
The applicants’ entries should have an active URL so the judges can access the work. If applicants’ work is for viewing, please provide explicit instructions on how to view it on electronic devices such as mobile phones, tv, wearable, etc. Also, entries should contain the information in the entry text described in the eligibility criteria section.
How to Apply
To apply for this Competition, applicants must submit their entries via the online form by clicking the Apply Now button.
Find More Competitions
Reporters Without Borders Scholarship program in Germany Scholarship Training