NIG Internship in Japan for Undergraduate and Graduate Students 2023
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non-Degree /Short program
Eligible Region/CountriesOpen for all
For undergraduate and graduate students interested in gaining research experience in genetics and allied areas of the life sciences, the National Institute of Genetics NIG/Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI, provides a research internship program. Under the guidance of a host researcher at NIG, interns will carry out independent research.
They provide instruction in scientific research, writing, and lab visits with individual principal investigator discussions as part of their curriculum. Interns will present their experiences at the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium” after the program’s conclusion. Those who finish the program successfully will get a certificate from NIG. Additionally, interns can participate in events like journal clubs, talks by eminent researchers from NIG and outside, and seminars for graduate students. There are also lessons offered in Japanese.
Offered by: Government of Japan and National Institute of Genetics NIG
Host University: National Institute of Genetics NIG
Application Opens on: November 28, 2022
Deadline: January 6, 2023
Duration: June 15 – July 26, 2023
Result announcement: Early March 2023
Eligible Countries: All
NIG Internship coverage:
- NIG will pay for the intern’s round-trip travel from their home to Japan.
- A round-trip fee for transportation from NIG to the airport in Japan.
- Fees for lodging at the NIG guesthouse. Living costs and other costs.
- NIG will not supply anything else those above; thus, the interns are responsible for covering these expenses.
Who is eligible for NIG Internship?
- The third and fourth years of an undergraduate or bachelor’s degree program qualify as the pre-final year for applicants.
- Applicants who are in their first or second year of their Master’s degree program, or in their pre-final year of their MS program.
- Also encouraged to apply are candidates who are enrolled in a Ph.D. program at NIG.
Which documents are required?
- Motivational letter or self-promotional statement. (500 or less English words)
- Academic transcripts
- 2 Recommendation Letter from your teachers
Note: All documents must be in English
How to apply for NIG Internship?
Once the application is available, you may submit an online application by clicking the “apply now” option below.
For more details about NIG Internship, please refer to NIG’s official website.