Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program
Level Non-Degree /Short program
Eligible Region/CountriesAll Countries
The Connect4Climate, in cooperation with Youth-to-Youth’s Global Youth Climate Network (GYCN), announced applications opening for Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program (MTECAP) 2023. This program encourages young people to improve their motivation and pursue their visions of a sustainable future. This program is in honour of Max Thabiso Edkins, a climate champion and a world-well-known driver of youth-led climate action.
To empower young climate leaders and honor Max’s legacy, Connect4Climate (C4C) is joining and partnering once again with the GYCN. The GGYCN is an initiative of the Youth-to-Youth (Y2Y) young professionals’ community at the World Bank Group and launching the MTECAP edition 2023.
The MTECAP is an online six-month program that offers a mix of hands-on and technical sessions to accelerate youth climate leadership. This program enables participants to connect and learn from World Bank experts, C4C, and GYCN knowledge partners for meaningful climate action in their communities and worldwide.
By the end of the program, participants must have attended several learning sessions and implemented three tangible climate actions in their community. Participants who meet these criteria will graduate and receive a completion certificate.
- Application Deadline: N/A
- Application Status: Open
- Host Organization: Connect4Climate
- Location: Online
- Gender: Male/Female
- Funding Type: Self-funded
- Number of Positions: N/A
- Degree: None
- Eligible Countries: All
- Program Duration: February and August 2023
- Language Required: English
- Field: Climate Change
Successful participants of MTECAP 2023 will graduate and receive a certificate of completion and an invitation to join the Alumni Community. During the six months online program, participants will benefit from technical and hands-on sessions to accelerate youth climate leadership.
All applicants can apply for MTECAP 2023 Edition and should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be between 18 to 35 years old;
- Have strong conversational English skills;
- Have reliable internet access;
- 3 hours per week Program activities commitment;
- Attend mandatory opening and closing sessions, weekly online learning sessions, communications, and storytelling sessions of Connect4Climate;
- Implement three climate-related actions in their communities with proven documentation, including videos, photos, online mentions, etc., to GYCN;
- Join the Telegram channel where the GYCN team to benefit from updates and opportunities from its partner network;
- Participate in GYCN social media campaigns and join networking sessions;
- The selection committee will evaluate applicants against the following criteria:
- Past and current experience as a local, national, or international youth leader. The ability to organize community activities is an advantage.
- Passion for sustainable development and climate solutions;
- Applicant’s network strength and scale and active presence on social media;
- Applicant’s impact of proposed contributions to their communities and networks.
- The selection committee also considers other factors such as age, gender, and geographic diversity.
- MTECAP participants are expected to Learn, Act, Network, and Engage.
How to Apply?
By entering the link below, applicants should fill in the online form by the deadline.
Check More Opportunities
- U.N. Climate Change Conference in Egypt Calls for Application
- OSCE Academy Certificate Training on “Climate Change and Conflict”
- Climate Change Media Mentorship Program for Journalists
- Climate Change Scholarship | Deloitte | One Young World
Please visit the One Young World Website for further information about the program.
Keeling Curve Prize by Global Warming Mitigation Project ($35,000) Award/Grant Competition