Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 2023 in Canada
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non-Degree /Short program
Mitacs Globalink Research Internship in Canada is now accepting applications. This is a competitive program for international undergraduates of eligible countries mentioned below. Top-ranked candidates participate in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian universities’ faculty members in various academic disciplines, ranging from science, engineering, and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences, from May to October each year. Mitacs Globalink Research Internships are available at over seventy Canadian universities.
Deadline: June 8, 2022
Internship Duration: 12 weeks
Host University: 70 different universities across Canada
Internship Start Date: Between May to October 2023
Eligible Countries: Australia, Brazil, China, Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, South Korea, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, & the United States.
- Interns will have the opportunity to conduct research with Canadian professors and universities.
- Interns will receive a stipend for student enrollment fees up to $300.
- A round-trip flight to Canada will be provided.
- Transportation from the airport in Canada to the interns’ residence will be provided.
- Students will receive a housing stipend.
- Medical insurance will be provided.
- Interns will be able to attend industry events and professional development courses for free.
- A certificate of completion for Globalink Research will be provided.
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/master’s program at a qualified institution in one of the eligible countries or regions.
- As of Fall 2022, you should have one to three semesters left in your program. In other words, if you are awarded an internship, you must complete at least one more semester of undergraduate or joint undergraduate/coursework master’s and have no more than three semesters remaining. Please review your country’s requirements to see if any exceptions are possible.
- Be fluent in the project’s oral and written languages (English and/or French).
- You must be available for a 12-week internship. Being available for only 10 weeks in a row is acceptable, but it may reduce your chances of being matched.
- The beginning date must be between May to October, 2023.
- You must be able to travel to Canada for the duration of your internship.
- Meet the minimum grade requirements (or equivalent) for your country or region of study listed below:
|Germany||2.9/6 or lower|
- CV (Template)
- Official transcript in English or French
- Personal Statement
- Reference letter (at least one from a current professor in the applicant’s home country). Read the Guideline
- Valid Passport
- Research Experience
How to apply for Mitacs Globalink Research Internship?
Applicants must apply online via the Global student platform. Apply to a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 7 projects in the Globalink Research Internship “Projects” tab of the application. Make sure your choices are from at least 3 different Canadian provinces. Please review your country’s requirements to see if any exceptions are possible.
Please keep in mind that applicants from the United States must apply directly to Fulbright Canada via the Fulbright website.
To learn more about Mitacs Globalink Research Internship, please visit Mitacs’ website.
You may also be interested in these opportunities:
- The Shafia/Mohammad Memorial Education Fund for Afghan Women and Girls
- Fishbowl Challenge for Young College Entrepreneurs 2022/23
- 100 Rhodes Trust Scholarship 2022 at the University of Oxford
- Call for Training Grant for Young people with a Migrant Background in Italy 2022
- Social & Inclusive Business Camp SIBC 2022
- Imperial College Business School Dean’s Impact master degree Scholarship 2022 for international students
International Student Week in Iran 2022 Conference
A. Noam Chomsky Global Connections Awards 2022 for Scholars announcement Award/Grant Competition