Open for all
MBARI Science Communication Fellowship 2022
Language Requirement Not required
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) Science Communication Fellowship accepts applications. MBARI welcomes applications from recent graduates with a degree in multimedia journalism, environmental filmmaking, media studies, communications, or science writing for the science communication fellowship. This two-year communications fellowship offers a one-of-a-kind chance to report on breakthroughs in ocean research, technology, and conservation while gaining real-world experience and collaborating with MBARI scientists, engineers, and science communicators. The fellowship will be especially beneficial to recent graduates with experience or an interest in ocean exploration and conservation. The fellowship will provide comprehensive exposure to MBARI and MBA’s research, education, and outreach programs. The position is based in MBARI’s Moss Landing, California, plant and currently provides the possibility of a hybrid work schedule.
Organizer: Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)
Application Deadline: February 7, 2022
- Report to the Content Manager and Science Communication and be a member of MBARI’s Editorial Team, which comprises scientists and communicators.
- Work closely with the MBA’s video and social media teams in Pacific Grove.
- Contribute to MBARI’s continuing outreach efforts and campaigns on a strategic and tactical level.
- Work with the MBARI team to generate movies, news stories, press releases, social media posts, live video streams, infographics, animations, and various joint projects, including communications for the next deep sea exhibit, which will open in April 2022.
Benefits of MBARI Science Communication Fellowship:
- The fellow will have the opportunity to sail aboard one of MBARI’s research vessels.
- Access MBARI’s one-of-a-kind video library, which has over 26,000 hours of underwater footage taken by their remotely operated vehicles.
- MBARI evaluates all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or covered veteran status, in line with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree is needed.
- Focus on multimedia journalism or environmental filmmaking is preferred.
- Prior experience with video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro X is highly preferable.
- Cover Letter
Note: In the cover letter, candidates must include a personal statement describing their aims for the fellowship, information of relevant classes and job experience, and links to work samples in their cover letter. Explain why this opportunity is a good fit for your professional aspirations.
How to apply for MBARI Science Communication Fellowship?
Please send your application documents to [email protected], by mail to the address below, or fax to (831) 775-1620.
MBARI, Human Resources
Job Code: SciComm2022
7700 Sandholdt Road
Moss Landing, CA 95039
Check MBARI’s website for more information.
You may also like these fellowships:
- Call for Applications: Gerda Henkel Fellowships 2022/23
- Blossom Hill Fellowship for Social Entrepreneurs 2022
- Senior Research Fellowship Program for PhD Holders
- UC Berkeley Food and Farming Journalism Fellowship (Grant: $10,000)
- World Journalist Fellowship | Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute at NYU
- Generation Fellowship 2022 by Breakthrough Institute
International Student Week in Iran 2022 Conference