Malamegi Lab Contemporary Art Prize MILAN’22 Edition
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non-Degree /Short program
Eligible Region/CountriesAll countries
About Malamegi Lab
The Malamegi company’s creative hub is known as Malamegi Lab. Through Malamegi Lab, the company actively encourages art and artists. Malamegi blends house design with artistic talent. Each Malamegi concept is distinguished by the essential components of outstanding Italian design: art, design, innovation, aesthetic balance, and exceptional artistry. Malamegi has long been a player in the innovative furniture accessory industry. Malamegi collaborates with several furniture retailers and architectural and interior design firms in Italy and abroad for public contracts and hotel contracting. Malamegi’s artistic concepts and network of contacts, according to its corporate philosophies, enable it to maintain high standards.
Malamegi Lab is a contemporary art competition open to artists from all over the world. The match accepts contributions in the form of drawings, paintings, sculptures, photography, graphics, mixed media, and films. A terrific opportunity for the artists, who may be rewarded cash, to exhibit their works and much more. The Malamegi LAB contest is maintained on its whole by the creative workshop Malamegi Lab and the Association Aps Moho, both of which are mandated by the Malamegi corporation.
Founded by: Malamegi Lab
Deadline: November 30, 2022
Announcing Date: December 30, 2022
Eligible Nations: All
- Keeling Curve Prize by Global Warming Mitigation Project ($35,000)
- WWSF Prize for Women’s Creativity in Rural Life 2023
- Letten Prize for Young Researchers 2023
The competition calls for the selection of 12 finalists.
- Cash Prize: A cash prize of €1000,00 will be given to one of the 12 selected artists after the group show. The prewardwill be offered based on the caliber and uniqueness of the submitted work. The winning piece will remain the artist’s property. The award contributes to the growth of aesthetic inquiry in the arts.
- Artwork Acquisition Award: One of the twelve final works of art will be purchased by Malamegi Lab. The Malamegi Lab will add this piece of art to its collection. The prize can be bought for a maximum of €200,000. Not eligible for this reward are artworks not for sale or have a price catalog than the acquisition prize. These art pieces will still be able to take home one of the other awards.
- Monographic Catalogue: One of the finalists will have a monographic book published in their honor. Malamegi Lab, with assistance from the curators of the final show, will curate the monography. Malamegi Lab will cover the costs of editing, developing, printing, and distributing the book. In addition to the copies being distributed, more will be added for the artist’s exclusive use. About 100 copies of the monograph will be printed, 20 of which will be given to the artist. Malamegi will choose the monographs for distribution on behalf of its most devoted consumers and collectors.
- Collective Exhibition: For the competition’s final show, 12 artists will be chosen. The general catalogue will be distributed during the show’s duration and available at the opening. The host city’s artists, curators, critics, journalists, and media will get invitations to the vernissage.
- Net art
- Mixed media
- Other (any visual creations that an image may replicate are permitted)
Note: Works have no size or material restrictions. A photograph and a description must accompany each piece. A single picture should group all the pieces when working with several elements. A single picture should group all the pieces when working with several elements
Manner of Involvement
- 1 artwork = €45,00
- 2 artworks = €75,00
- 3 artworks = €105,00
- 4 artworks = €125,00
- 5 artworks = €140,00
- 6 artworks = €150,00
Credit/debit cards, PayPal, and bank transfers are acceptable payment forms. The contest registration form contains contact information and payment deadlines.
The three artists of the 12 that have been chosen to participate in the final show are:
- A monographic book prize
- A cash prize of 1,000 Euros
- Artwork acquisition award
will be selected solely based on the Malamegi Lab team and the Malamegi organization’s artistic and business divisions. The 12 finalists will be determined one week following the competition’s deadline. The winners will be decided the following week after the show ends. The cost of shipping, pick-up, and any required artwork insurance during the exhibition is the responsibility of the artists. The works of the chosen artists must be delivered to Malamegi Lab’s central office (San Daniele del Friuli – 33038 – Ud. – Italy). Specifics and shipment dates will be provided to the selected artists directly after the selection process.
How to Apply?
You can subscribe to up to 6 artworks, Each of which has a different price listed above. Choose one of them and select the (Add) button; you must write and send your details and artwork information.
For more information about Malamegi Lab Contemporary Art Prize, kindly visit Malamegi’s official website.
Opportunities you may like:
Calls for Applications for the Nest Artist Residency Program Residency Program Short Program