International Telecommunication Unit (ITU) Connect2Recover Research Competition
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non Degree
Number of Opportunity: 15
International Telecommunication Union (ITU) launches Connect2Recover Research Competition to identify promising research proposals that will accelerate digital inclusion during Pandemic recovery globally. The main objective is to build back better with broadband through reinforcing digital infrastructure and digital ecosystems of countries to better leverage information and communication technologies to support COVID 19 pandemic recovery.
Deadline: August 31, 2021
Result announcement: September
Time to submit research paper: 6 months
- Building a global research community of think tanks and academic institutions around digital inclusions and
- Promoting knowledge sharing that informs targeted practices to build back better with broadband.
Prizes and benefits:
Number of prizes: 15
- 15 prizes worth USD 42000 will be awarded to the winning research teams.
- Participate in online events.
Who can apply?
Academic, early career researchers and think tanks, individual experts affiliated with academic institutions can apply to this program. Your submission should clearly elaborate and demonstrate at least one of the following:
- How to carry out studies that can assess the resiliency for digital infrastructure taking into account relevant data sources and formulate forward-looking, actionable policy measures leading to positive outcomes in education, healthcare, or job creation by fostering digital inclusion as the country enters the COVID-19 recovery period?
- How to build back better with broadband along with digital inclusion during the COVID-19 recovery efforts resulting in meaningful connectivity?
- Develop key recommendations on aspects of resilient digital infrastructure supporting education, health, or job creation in the targeted context.
- Implementation plan
How to apply?
Applicants must apply online by filling submission form.
For more information please visit the ITU website
Call for Application “ICYF Media Training Camp 2021” Short Program Training