Harvard Academy Scholars Program 2023
Language Requirement Not required
Number of Opportunity: 6
Eligible Region/CountriesOpen for all (except USA & Canada)
The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies’ Academy Scholars Program seeks out and supports outstanding scholars who are just starting their academic careers and whose work combines superior skill in a social science field with fluency in a foreign language and/or other knowledge or expertise of other nations or regions outside of the USA and/or Canada. Their research should cross traditional disciplinary boundaries and clarify comparative, global, or domestic problems from the past or the present.
Host University: The Harvard University – Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies
Deadline: September 23, 2022
Study Duration: 2 years
Start Date: August 1, 2023
Benefits & Coverage:
The Academy Scholars Program provides the following:
- 2-years – postdoctoral fellowship at The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.
- Annual stipend of $75,000 for Postdoctoral Academy Scholars
- Conference and research travel funding
- Research assistants
- Health insurance
- Within the 2 years of the start date of August 1, 2023, holders of a Ph.D. or comparable doctoral degree and advanced doctoral students in the social sciences are eligible for these awards.
- For a start date of Aug 1, 2023, scholars who are nearly finished with their dissertations must be able to submit degree conferral documents from their university’s registrar’s office by June 30, 2023.
- People who currently hold or recently finished a different Harvard postdoctoral fellowship are not eligible to apply.
The completed application should include the following:
- CV or resume (including publications list)
- 1 example of academic writing (such as a chapter from a Ph.D. dissertation or an article from a peer-reviewed publication); just ONE sample may be submitted, and it must be in English.
- Research proposal (including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work) – max. 2000 words
- Ph.D. program transcript copy
- 3 recommendation letters
Note: The three letters of recommendation are among the application’s many components that must be submitted electronically as PDF files. Please be aware that a complete application packet cannot be more than 10MB, so make sure to compress any large PDF files before uploading.
How to apply for Harvard Academy Scholars Program?
Interested & eligible applicants should prepare the required documents and apply online through the link below.
For any further questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with [email protected].
Please refer to Harvard Academy’s website to learn more about the Harvard Academy Scholars Program.
Similar opportunities you may like to check:
- ETH Zurich Innovation Partnership Grants 2022 (Up to 20,000 CHF)
- Paid Fall Internship by Vienna Center for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation (VCDNP)
- DW Akademie Constructive Journalism Fellowship 2022
- Climate Change Media Partnership 2022 Reporting Fellowships to COP27 (Fully Funded to Egypt)
- Essay Contest by Africa Philanthropy Network (APN)
- Nikkei Asia Award 2022 for Innovators in Asia (Up to ¥5,000,000)