Good with Words Online Course Writing and Editing: Word Choice and Word Order
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non-Degree /Short program
The University of Michigan is a Michigan public research university located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The University of Michigan’s mission is to serve the people of Michigan and the rest of the world by being a leader in the creation, dissemination, preservation, and application of knowledge, art, and academic values, as well as in the design of leaders and citizens who will enrich the present and challenge the future.
This course is part of a program “Good with words” that include 3 other courses. You will learn in word choice and word order online course about, how to improve the persuasiveness of your writing. You’ll discover original ways to employ syntax, potent story-telling methods, and a deft methodology for organizing a complicated array of data. Additionally, you’ll have the option to refine and professionalize how you punctuate whatever you write, from phrases to slogans. You’ll also have access to a vast selection of books and other materials you may use long after the course. These include (1) the readings and assignments given to the students who took the in-person version of this course at the Universities of Michigan and Chicago, (2) two online collections of outstanding writing from a variety of journalists, scientists, novelists, poets, historians, and businesspeople, and (3) a monthly “Good Sentences” email. They all need to learn how to use our writing to connect, compete, and create—sometimes all at once—and social media has just hastened this process.
Deadline: Set new deadlines based on your schedule.
Prize: Receive a Certificate after finishing.
Duration: Approx. 20 hours to complete
Language: English (Subtitles: Arabic, French, Portuguese (European), Italian, Vietnamese, German, Russian, English, Spanish)
- Good with Words Online Course Writing and Editing: Revising
- Good with Words Online Course Writing and Editing: Drafting
- Good with Words Online Course Writing and Editing: Structure and Organization
- Good with Words Online Course Writing and Editing: Word Choice and Word Order
following skills, you will improve and learn:
- Learn how the words you choose may influence people’s decisions.
- Put a complicated body of information in a readable order.
- Utilize syntax wisely.
- Write unique sentences that no one else could write.
- You’ll improve your: Persuasion, Creativity, Writing, Time management, and Editing
- The Words Under the Words (7 hours to complete):
Patrick Barry, the instructor, will be presented to you throughout this first week. The course material for this week will center on how the words you use may affect people’s decisions.
- The Infinite Power of Grammar (4 hours to complete):
In the second week, the main topic will be how your word choices may affect individuals’ decisions.
- The Rule of Three (4 hours to complete):
They’ll concentrate on fusing word choice and word order in Week Three.
- The Power of the Particular (6 hours to complete):
The emphasis in their last week will be on including vivid details in their writing.
How to Apply?
To apply, you must first sign in to your account, create a new one, and then take the course.
To learn more, kindly visit the University of Michigan’s official website.
Opportunities you may like
World Bank Legal Internship Program for Law Students (2023 Spring Cycle) Internship Training