Global Center Adaptation Youth Advisory Panel 2023
Language Requirement Not required
Number of Opportunity: 14
Eligible Region/CountriesAsia, Latin America and Caribbean, Africa, North America, Europe, Middle East and North Africa, and Oceania. (Afghanistan included)
The application process for the 2023 Youth Advisory Panel is now open! The Young Advisory Panel will advise the GCA CEO on youth involvement to push the adaptation agenda.
Furthermore, the Panel will contribute to GCA’s Youth Leadership Program’s mission of mobilizing the next generation of adaptation leaders around the world, empowering young people to make the case for adaptation on a global scale and make their communities more climate resilient through action areas such as the Youth Adaptation Network, Youth Advisory Panel, Capacity-building and Adaptation Education, and Training for Young Women Leadership on Adaptation. The Youth Leadership Program also supports long-term employment creation and entrepreneurship for young people through the YouthADAPT Solutions Challenge, which strengthens entrepreneurial skills development.
Provided by: Global Center Adaptation
Deadline: 2 October 2022
No. Opportunities: 14
Presentation of Youth Advisory Panel: 8th December 2022
Mandate of the Youth Advisory Panel: January – December 2023
Eligible Nations: Asia, Latin America and Caribbean, Africa, North America, Europe, Middle East and North Africa, and Oceania. (Afghanistan included)
- Youth Panelist position to join Global Youth Mobilization (GYM)
- International Student Forum on Youth, Peace and Security 2022
- Through quarterly meetings, provide strategic guidance to GCA’s CEO.
- Assist GCA Program Leads in accelerating adaptation action.
- Give advice on the activities of the GCA Youth Leadership Program.
- Boost the Youth Adaptation Network (YAN).
- Encourage youth involvement in the adaptation agenda.
The Youth Advisory Panel members will be chosen using the following criteria:
- Young persons between the ages of 18 and 35 are eligible to apply.
- Good knowledge and comprehension of local and regional climate adaption concerns that are important to young people.
- Proven expertise in young climate adaption leadership at the regional level.
- Capacity to serve on the Youth Advisory Panel for the requisite time period.
- Capability to evaluate a diverse range of viewpoints that represent the variety of youth and the importance of climate adaption.
- It is preferable to collaborate with established regional or worldwide networks and organizations.
- Ability to devote four hours each week to the Youth Advisory Panel.
- Prior participation in GCA’s Youth Leadership initiatives is preferred.
Meetings and Period
- Members of the Youth Advisory Panel 2023 will serve on a volunteer basis for one year, from December 2022 to December 2023.
- Attend the GCA Youth Leadership Program’s bi-monthly sessions.
- Quarterly advisory meeting with the GCA’s CEO.
How to Apply?
To apply, click the apply now button and complete the form.
To learn more, visit the official website.
You May Like
United Nations Global Compact Business and Human Rights Accelerator Program Short Program Training