Communications Internship by Salzburg Global Seminar
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non Degree
Eligible Region/CountriesOpen for all
Apply for the Salzburg Global Seminar Communications Internship. Salzburg Global Seminar is looking for a recent journalism school graduate who is passionate about producing stories to capture the programs’ effect and join the small but active Public Affairs Team. The Communications Interns’ primary responsibility is to create captivating written and multimedia content for the Salzburg Global Seminar website, print publications, social media platforms, and external media partners to tell compelling stories about the effect of Salzburg Global Seminar’s programs. Because Salzburg Global will be celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2022, much of its communications efforts will focus on both its lengthy history and present programming. Every Salzburg Global program is supported by the Communications Team, which ensures that interns are exposed to a diverse range of topics and experts, allowing them to broaden their knowledge and network. The Communications Intern will assist in other internal and external communications as part of a small and busy team, offering them experience beyond journalistic writing and across all of the communications output expected of a charity.
Organized by: Salzburg Global Seminar
Application Deadline: January 17, 2022
Intern’s Duties & Responsibilities:
- For Salzburg Global.org, writing both short, quick-turnaround program reports and extended, in-depth interviews and features.
- Researching and writing on Salzburg Global Seminar’s 75-year history, programs, and Fellows for use in 75th Anniversary materials such as Clemens magazine, a dedicated website, podcast, and other publications.
- Conducting interviews with SalzburgGlobal.org Fellows and Donors
- Producing content for Salzburg Global’s digital and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube).
- Drafting press releases and recruitment mailings
- Maintaining the libraries of digital assets and publications, as well as assisting with global mailing distribution
- Assisting with administration and alumni engagement.
- Helping the Public Affairs team with general administrative tasks
Benefits of Communications Internship:
- The internship will last 3 months and will be full-time.
- The selected candidate will receive free on-site lodging at Schloss Leopoldskron, all meals, and a return ticket to their home country, as well as fantastic networking chances with foreign participants in Salzburg Global Seminar’s programs.
Eligibility Criteria & Required Skills:
- Communications Internship is open for EU nationals, or other residents who are eligible to work in Austria should apply.
- Passion for the Salzburg Global Seminar’s mission
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or extensive journalistic work experience outside of their studies, such as with a student newspaper, is required.
- Working in the media, particularly online and features writing, is a plus.
- Written communication skills and attention to detail; native or equivalent fluency in written and spoken English
- During the internship, demonstrate understanding of international affairs and other areas covered by Salzburg Global Seminar’s programs.
- Outstanding IT abilities: Experience with Google Drive, Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign and Photoshop), web CMS, and multimedia editing is highly desirable.
- A positive attitude, the capacity to multi-task, and a willingness to work flexible hours following program/project requirements are required.
- Confidence and ease talking with people at various levels of seniority, over a variety of channels, and with persons from different cultural and professional backgrounds
- It is not necessary to be fluent in German.
- Cover letter
- 3 samples of your communications work, including long-form writing and multimedia (attachments and links are acceptable)
How to apply for Communications Internship by Salzburg Global Seminar?
You can use the online application form to submit your application.
Visit the Salzburg Global Seminar’s official announcement for more information.
You may also like these internship programs:
- CERN Administrative Student Program 2022 in Switzerland
- 2nd Batch of Asian Development Bank ADB Internship
- Summer Internship in Institute of Science & Technology IST Austria