Call for Projects: COAL Prize 2022 on the Oceans for Artists Worldwide
- Award/ Grant
- View on Map
- The Coalition for Art and Sustainable Development (COAL) posted 7 days ago
- Posted: January 7, 2022 -Accepting applications
Language Requirement Not required
Level Non Degree
Eligible Region/CountriesOpen for all
The Coalition for Art and Sustainable Development (COAL) Prize for Oceans 2022 accepts applications. While the United Nations has declared the Decade of Ocean Sciences for Sustainable Development 2021-2030, the COAL Prize 2022 invites artists from all over the globe to explore these submerged universes to make them accessible to as many people as possible; to reveal what is happening in the ocean’s belly, from its abyss twenty thousand leagues beneath the sea to its surface, to provide people the opportunity to see and feel what is still unknown; and to imagine new concrete actions to rekindle a passion for.
Organizer: The Coalition for Art and Sustainable Development (COAL)
In partnership with: European Union through the ACT – Art Climate Transition network, the Ministry of culture, the Ministry of economy, the François Sommer Foundation, the Museum of Hunting and Nature, the LAccolade Foundation, and the National Orchestra of Brittany.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2022
Award Ceremony: June 8, 2022
- The winner of the COAL Prize will receive 10,000 euros and an (optional) stay at the François Sommer Foundation’s Belval Domaine, which the Museum of Hunting and Nature maintains.
Who is eligible for COAL Prize?
- Artists from all over the globe are eligible to apply.
- The COAL Prize funds ongoing artistic endeavors.
- Its grant is not intended to pay all of the project’s production costs, but it should be viewed as a contribution to its development.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate applicants:
- Artistic value
- Relevance (understanding of the theme – OCEANS)
- Originality (ability to introduce new approaches, themes, and points of view)
- Pedagogy (ability to get a message across and raise awareness)
- Social and participatory methods (engagement, testimony, efficiency, societal dynamics)
The application must include the following materials in a single PDF file with the name SURNAME Name 2022_ Project-title and file size of no more than 30 MBs:
- Filled Application Form
- A full explanation of the proposed project includes its technical viability, budget estimate, aesthetic dimension, and relation to the theme OCEANS.
- A minimum of two visuals to illustrate the project
How to apply for COAL Prize on the Oceans for Artists Worldwide?
All applications must be submitted via the COAL server by March 1, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. at the latest.
Visit the official announcement of COAL Prize
You may also like these Prizes:
- UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize
- Allard Prize for International Integrity 2022 (Prize: 100,000 CAD)
- Allard Prize Photography Competition 2022 (Prize: $1,000 CAD)
- Livingston Awards 2022 for Young Journalists Worldwide
- Rachel Tanur Prize for Visual Sociology 2022 (Up to $2,500)
- Harvard GSD Wheelwright Prize for Early-career Architects (Up to $100,000)
Allard Prize Photography Competition 2022 (Prize: $1,000 CAD) competition Prize