Cleaning the Office Work at Afghan Women’s Educational Center (AWEC) – in Badakhshan, Afghanistan
Language Requirement Not required
Number of Opportunity: 1
AWEC is a non-political, non-profit, woman-led national organization founded in 1991 by a group of educated Afghan women in exile to address the shortage of facilities for Afghan refugees in Islamabad and Peshawar, Pakistan. AWEC has long been active in advocating and increasing awareness for women’s and children’s rights while assisting individuals who commonly fall through the cracks in the safety net.
Provided by: Afghan Women’s Educational Center (AWEC)
Deadline: October 2, 2022
Job Location: Badakhshan, Afghanistan
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: As per the Organization Salary Scale
Vacancy Number: HRM 131
No. Of Jobs: 1
Years of Experience: Having at least two years of work experience in the same position
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Education: Completed the twelfth grade
- Develop good relationships with all AWEC units.
- Do her related work as assigned by the relevant supervisor or administrative officer.
- Informing the administrative assistant about all the necessities such as (tea, sugar, and cleaning materials for toilets)
- Washing dishes and making tea for employees and guests.
- Keeping dishes and all kitchen utensils clean.
- Perform all office cleaning tasks.
- Preparing and distributing tea to all branches at least twice a day.
- Daily cleaning of the relevant office (inside and outside), furniture, and order
- Daily cleaning of the office area and cleaning gates, shutters, and glass whenever necessary.
- Turning on and off the water pump to fill the water storage, repair/relevant office when necessary, and ensure the water pump is safe.
- Seeing (checking) and taking care of the toilets and the necessities in them, i.e., toilet paper, brushes, cleaning powder, soap, etc., and informing immediately of any problems.
- Removing the daily garbage from the relevant office and burning the printed papers in the places designated for this purpose
- Washing the towels used in the bathrooms twice a week
- Helping the cooks to put the food to the employees
- Cooperating with the person responsible for tea when preparing and distributing tea or when he is busy or absent
- Turning off groups, etc., electrical appliances in the rooms for related repairs when leaving the office
- Helping AWEC colleagues, when necessary, in transferring documents or changing the location of the office system inside AWEC premises, especially during the transfer of offices from one place to another.
- Daily turning off of kerosene/wood heaters
- Having worked in the same position for at least two years.
- Proficient in speaking and writing Dari and Pashto; however, basic English is desirable.
- Maintain an honest, energetic, and positive attitude.
- Be on time.
- Become an Afghan citizen.
How to Apply?
Interested individuals should email their applications and their CVs to the following address.
Note: Please include the vacancy number and position title in the subject line of your email; otherwise, you will not be considered. All shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly for the interview.
To learn more, kindly visit the official website.