British Council Languages Teacher Training Scholarship 2024-25Scholarship British Council posted 3 weeks ago
The British Council is offering Languages Teacher Training Scholarships for the academic year 2024-25, providing an opportunity for passionate individuals to start a rewarding career as Modern Foreign Languages teachers in England. With 175 scholarships available, professional development support, and substantial funding, aspiring educators can inspire future generations of linguists.
By participating in this scholarship program, aspiring language teachers will inspire and educate future linguists, supported by the prestigious British Council.
Key Details and Dates
- Application Deadline: 1 March 2024 (23:59 GMT)
- Funding Type: Partially Funded
- Organizer: The British Council
- Eligible Countries: All
- Eligible Gender: Male/Female
- Target Group: Individuals with a passion for teaching languages
- Focus Area: Modern Foreign Languages (specifically French, German, and Spanish)
- Number of Opportunity: 175 scholarships
- Host Country: England
Benefits and Financial Aids
Successful applicants will receive a scholarship award of £27,000, paid in equal monthly installments from October to July, with extra payments in February and July or the final month of the course.
To apply for the Languages Teacher Training Scholarship, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a 2:1 or predicted 2:1 or a relevant Ph.D. or Master’s degree or recognized equivalent.
- Proficiency in one of the following languages is necessary: French, German, Spanish.
- Consideration may go to applicants with a degree in another subject or a 2.2 (or predicted 2.2) if significant knowledge in the target language is demonstrated.
- Must secure a place on an eligible non-salaried languages teacher training scheme in England for the 2024-25 academic year by September 2024.
Selection Process and Criteria
Following are the selection criteria and process for the Languages Teacher Training Scholarship:
- Applicants should demonstrate a strong passion and skill for teaching languages up to A Level.
- Include the following information in your application:
- Relevant skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Explanation of your passion for language learning.
- How you intend to inspire others.
- Your motivation for becoming a teacher.
- Experience working with young people.
- Teaching experience.
- Education sector knowledge and language learning in England
- Intercultural experience, including living and working abroad
- Ensure you meet the Department for Education’s minimum standard criteria and bursary requirements.
There are three-stage processes for selecting a candidate:
- Eligibility checks.
- Assessment of your application leading to potential shortlisting
- Online interview conducted via Microsoft Teams
How to Apply?
- Applications can be submitted online through the British Council’s website linked below.
- Ensure completion and submission of the application form by the deadline.
- Contact [email protected] for technical issues with the online form.
- Applications for the Languages Teacher Training Scholarships are currently open.
- Apply for the scholarship either before or after securing a place on an eligible teacher training course.
- Note that receiving the British Council scholarship does not guarantee a place with a training provider.
- The applicant is responsible for securing a place on an eligible course.
- Only non-salaried courses leading to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) are compatible with the scholarship.
- There are some limited training places available, and courses for the academic year 2024-25 are expected to fill up in advance.
Check More Scholarships: