British Council Future News Worldwide Conference 2022
Language Requirement IELTS
Level Non-Degree /Short program
Eligible Region/CountriesOpen for all
The British Council Future News Worldwide Program 2022 is now accepting applications. The FNW22 is a three-day virtual summit attended by some of the world’s most outstanding student journalists. Each day, participants will meet for three hours to hear from keynote speakers, participate in a pitching workshop, & network with other young journalists. The session will be replayed later in the day so that participants from all time zones can participate.
The theme is developing the skills, resources, and resilience required by journalists to tackle the challenges of a changing world.
Organized by: British Council
Closing date: June 12, 2022
Conference Duration: 3 Days (July 12, 13 & 14)
About Future News Worldwide:
Future News Worldwide is a collaboration program between the British Council and some of the world’s most prominent media organizations, including the BBC, Google, Reuters, The Herald, The Quint, and UK journalism schools. They collaborate to find, train, and connect the world’s next generation of journalists. The Future News Worldwide annual conference, held each July, brings together 100 young journalists worldwide to learn from broadcasters, editors, and reporters and network with their peers. Delegates join the FNW alumni network after the conference. The summit will be held virtually in 2022.
- Having the chance to participate at the online Future News Worldwide 2021 conference.
- Get included in the Future News Worldwide alumni network with over 400 members.
Open to young journalists working in any media who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 on July 1, 2022.
- An undergraduate or postgraduate student (of any topic) studying at higher education institution, or a recent graduate who completed their course after July 1, 2021.
- Be a proficient English speaker OR capable of speaking English at IELTS level 6.5 or higher (please note that an IELTS qualification is NOT necessary; your language competence will be judged through your response to Essay Question 1).
- Applicants with previous participation in a Future NEWS or Future News Worldwide event is not eligilbe.
- Committed to a career in journalism in whatever capacity.
- Available for all three days of the online conference on July 12, 13, and 14, 2022 (3 hours each day).
- You will be required to enter personal information and contact information.
- Respond to two essay questions.
- Include a URL to an online portfolio of your work.
Note: They advise working offline and pasting your answers into the online form, as the form cannot be saved once it has been started. If you want to respond in a multimedia format (such as a picture gallery, video, or audio), please upload the file to a hosting site (e.g., Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud), create a password, and put the link and password into the “Q2. Answer” field. All responses must be written in English.
How to apply for British Council Future News Worldwide Conference?
Interested and eligible candidates can fill out the online application form linked below.
For more detailed information about Future News Worldwide Conference, please visit British Council’s website.
You may also be eligible for these opportunities:
UN Foundation Launches Thomas Lovejoy Memorial Press Fellowship 2022 (Fully Funded) Fellowship Scholarship