Boris Nemtsov Summer School of Journalism and Socio-Cultural Studies 2023 (Fully Funded)
- Short Program
- View on Map
- Boris Nemtsov Foundation for Freedom posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted: March 12, 2023 -Accepting applications
Language Requirement Not required
A full-time training program for aspiring journalists, bloggers, scientific advocates, and media content makers from across the world is called the Summer School of Journalism and Sociocultural Studies. On the foundation of the Faculty of Philosophy at Charles University, the school is held every year in Prague from the middle of July until the beginning of August. The school will take place at the Ruhr University in Bochum in 2023. (Germany).
In addition to providing great media training, the summer school offers the chance to network with peers from across the globe. They assist their participants in increasing their network of contacts in the artistic and journalistic spheres. And maybe most importantly, they foster a vibrant community.
The realization of autonomous media projects by all participants, which are addressed at specialized seminars with expert editors, is a crucial aspect of training. The majority of classes will be held in Russian.
- Organized by: Boris Nemtsov Foundation for Freedom
- Location: Germany
- Deadline: 21 April 2023
- Duration: from the middle of July until the beginning of August 2023
- Type: Short program
- Eligible Nations: Worldwide
The program consists primarily of practice and very little theory. There are editing workshops where students may present and talk about their initiatives. The school assists with the finest materials’ publishing on affiliated media outlets.
Weekdays are when lectures and seminars are offered (exceptions are possible due to the schedules of their lecturers). They anticipate that Summer School attendees will attend all of the scheduled classes. They provide optional cultural and athletic activities to students on the weekends. As their curriculum is fairly extensive, you won’t be able to fit it in with job or school at this time.
- The cost of travel will be reimbursed.
- Assistance will be provided.
- Food should be covered.
- Health insurance is provided.
The pupils are responsible for paying the remaining costs.
- Students above the age of 18 may apply.
- 3 years at most in the workforce.
- Speaks Russian with ease.
- Journalistic expertise.
- Project for publication or presentation: a notion for a media project that you implement as a consequence of seminars that is clearly outlined (there is a mandatory block of questions in the application form, where you need to indicate the topic of the media project and explain its relevance to the audience).
How to Apply?
To apply, click the apply now button below and complete the form.
For more details about Boris Nemtsov Summer School of Journalism and Socio-Cultural Studies 2023, kindly refer to Boris Nemtsov Foundation for Freedom’s official website.
Get More Opportunities Like this:
JournalismfundEU Professional Development Grants for Environmental Journalism 2023 (€115.000 grant) Award/Grant
Media-Journalism Internship by TKG – Radio Mursal at Kabul, Afghanistan Internship
International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) Gwen Ifill Award 2023 Award/Grant