2022 MBARI Summer Internship Program for Students and Educators
Language Requirement Not required
Level Bachelor MasterPhdResearch
The MBARI’s Summer Internship Program is an excellent opportunity for talented students of undergraduate and graduate levels and educators. The internship provides a perfect opportunity to directly work with scientists, engineers, and communicators at MBARI. The MBARI’s state of the art facilities and other equipment, like research vessels, Autonomous underwater vehicles, and remotely operated vehicles (ROVs), offer the successful participants great opportunities to co-work on professional research and development projects. During the internship program, the interns are immersed in collaborative teams as they learn engineering techniques and innovative research and advance communication skills. Furthermore, a MBARI mentor will be there for each intern to supervise a project, and the interns will serve as peer-mentors to one another.
The main objective of the program is the educational benefit of the intern and to further develop the general good of the oceanographic community.
Organizer: Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)
Program Duration: 10 weeks
Location: America, California
Application Deadline: February 7, 2022 (8 am Pacific time)
Participants must submit the following document (pdf format is preferred)
- A cover letter:
- It should have a statement of your specific research interest, contact information, relevant coursework, and grades received – no transcript requirement. You are also encouraged to share your thoughts and discuss how you wish to make use of your upbringing, background, and life experiences to better enhance your internship experiences. Applicants must also indicate their project preferences – listed here – in the cover letter. Avoid simple biographies and cliché, and talk about your experiences and how they assist you to reach your goal.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV):
- Include relevant academic background and work experiences, leadership, honors, activities, and training and skills.
- Sell yourself.
- Write explanations of experiences with focuses on achievements and end products.
- Customize your CV or resume for your audience.
- Make use of consistent formatting.
- A recommendation Letter:
- Please request the author to write your name in the subject line of the email if it is an electronic letter being sent directly by the author.
- Real relationships are the most important. Make personal connections with the letter writers.
- Try the letter to be from someone who knows you or someone who has supervised you in a job or internship.
- A completed online application form: Click HERE to fill and submit it.
- A stipend will be provided. It was $15/hour for last year’s program.
- Housing, food, travel, etc will not be provided, though the efforts are to facilitate them too.
- Grant from the Maxwell/Hanrahan Foundation for interns with STEM-related backgrounds.
- Work experience with world-class scientists, engineers, and communicators.
- Other non-materialistic benefits.
Applying for this program must be done by email: prepare the required documents listed above (except the online application form, which must be filled and submitted online) and send them to: [email protected]. In the subject heading of the email, please put your name. Note that incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
Click HERE for the online application form.
More similar opportunities:
- Turkey Scholarships for International Students – 2022-23
- MBARI Science Communication Fellowship 2022
- Call for Applications: Gerda Henkel Fellowships 2022/23
- CERN Administrative Student Program 2022 in Switzerland
- International Summer Student Program 2022 at HZB
Check the latest opportunity listing on our Home page.
International Student Week in Iran 2022 Conference
A. Noam Chomsky Global Connections Awards 2022 for Scholars announcement Award/Grant Competition