20 SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS “UNITO FOR STUDENTS WITH INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION” in Italy
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSCambridge qualificationCEFR
Level Bachelor Master
Number of Opportunity: 20
Eligible Region/CountriesUkraine, Afghanistan, EU & non-Eu regions
The University of Turin funds 20 annual scholarships, “UniTo for Students with international protection,” who are refugees and are:
- Primarily coming from Ukraine and holding a residence permit for temporary or international protection
- Coming from Afghanistan and holding a residence permit for international protection
- Coming from other countries and holding a residence permit for international protection.
The scholarships are reserved to the categories mentioned above of international students who wish to enroll in the academic year 2022-2023 in the first year of studies of an undergraduate degree program, one long cycle degree program, and postgraduate degree program without a fixed quota of places (not requiring to pass an admission test).
Scholarship provider: University of Turin
Host country: Italy
Last Date to Apply: September 13, 2022
Scholarship Value: gross amount of 9600,00 euros
No. of scholarships: 20
The scholarship consists of a cash benefit of the total annual amount of € 9,600 (gross recipient) and the following support services:
- Reception, orientation, insertion in the university and social context of reference; – assisted procedures for enrollment at the University, cultural mediation and psychological support services,
- Personalized reception services for female students and students with specific disabilities or disorders learning,
- Possible bed, at the specific request of the student who is the winner,
- Be between 18 and 29 years old on the deadline date of the call,
- Be an Afghan citizen (s) residing in Afghanistan before June 2021,
- Be in possession of a residence permit for international protection (asylum / refugee status, for reasons of special protection, for other forms of protection pursuant to the Italian legislation in force on immigration, issued in Italy after June 2021;
- Be in possession of a foreign qualification suitable for enrollment for the academic year 2022/2023 in a (three-year), bachelor’s or single-cycle master’s degree course obtained after at least 12 years of schooling, or in a master’s degree course, with free access of the University of Turin studies.
Who is not Eligible?
The scholarships of this call are not for those with the scholarships granted by other public and / or private institutions. In the event that a candidate or candidate is the winner or winner of more than one scholarship, he must choose which contribution to accept. And also, Female students who make transfers from other Italian universities are not eligible.
Admission to the chosen course of study is subject to the eligibility of the qualification (verified by the International Students Section) and the possession of the curricular and linguistic requirements. These requirements are verified in the following ways:
- for degree courses e single-cycle master’s degree with free access: knowledge of the language of study of the chosen course must be demonstrated by means of a linguistic certification or
self-certification certifying at least a B1 level and will be confirmed with an online interview with the Commission envisaged by this selection. The possession of the minimum access requirements must be proven by
the outcome of the TARM (minimum requirements assessment test) required by the degree course (delivered through the TOLC test). The relevant TOLC must be taken by 5 October 2022.
- For free access master’s degree courses : the assessment of the admission and linguistic requirements of the degree course will be carried out by the course commission and by means of a test (written or oral) of the adequacy of personal preparation. Any linguistic certifications or additional documentation specifically requested by the degree program must be attached to the application on Apply @ UniTo.
For the purposes of assigning the scholarship covered by this announcement, linguistic knowledge will be verified both by having the required certification and by the online interview with the Commission envisaged by this selection.
IN CASE OF ENROLLMENT IN A COURSE DELIVERED IN ENGLISH:
- an English language certification from the following: BEC Vantage, FCE and C, IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Trinity College ISE II;
- Copy of the passport page certifying the identity of the candidate,
- Motivational letter in Italian or in English; 3. curriculum vitae et studiorum;
- Foreign qualification and documentation certifying the course of study carried out (e.g. high school score report /transcript of records) with certified translation into Italian, English, French or Spanish, if the original document is issued in another language or, in the absence of the qualification, European Qualification Passport for Refugees issued by the Council of Europe or the outcome of the extraordinary procedure for requesting the assessment of qualifications,
- Self-certification of linguistic knowledge (English or Italian language depending on the language of the study program chosen during the application phase) at least level B1 to be declared in the Google form,
- Language proficiency proof either Italian or English.
- Copy of the passport page certifying entry into Italy, starting from June 2021, by means of the stamp affixed by the border police or document certifying the request for international protection issued by the State Police, border police office,
- Residence permits for international protection (asylum / refugee status or subsidiary protection), for reasons of special protection, for other forms of protection pursuant to the Italian legislation in force on immigration issued starting from June 2021 or outcome of the interview with the Territorial Commission, obtained after June 2021 certifying the recognition of the status of refugee or holder of subsidiary protection;
The selection of candidates for the granting of the scholarship will be based on qualifications and interview. The preliminary rankings (one dedicated to three-year degree courses and single-cycle master’s degrees and one dedicated to master’s degree courses) will be drawn up on the basis of the possession of the requisites and the outcome of the evaluation carried out by the Selection Committee.
The Commission of selection has a maximum of 50 points; the minimum score for eligibility for the scholarship is set at 32 points.
The selection criteria adopted by the Commission are:
- Overall evaluation of the curriculum vitae et studiorum,
- Congruity with respect to the candidate’s study path and future academic prospects at the University of Turin,
- Reasons for enrolling in the free access degree program expressed in the motivational letter.
Interview and Rankings
- Apply for free access single-cycle bachelor’s and master’s degree courses:
The linguistic assessment interviews provided for candidates to open access single-cycle bachelor’s and master’s degree courses will take
place on 6 and 7 October 2022. The final ranking of the successful candidates for three-year and single-cycle degree courses will be published on 10 October 2022,
- Apply to open access master’s degree courses:
The linguistic assessment interviews planned for candidates to open access master’s degree courses will take place at the end of October 2022. The dates will be communicated directly to those invited to the interview by the International Students Section.
The final ranking of the successful candidates for master’s degree courses will be published in November 2022.
Method of disbursement of the scholarship
The UniTO for Students at Risk scholarship will be paid in two installments, by bank transfer to an Italian current account in the name or joint name of the winner / winner.
The first installment, amounting to € 4800 (gross recipient), will be paid to the winners.
How to Apply?
The application procedure for this opportunity is totally online, you can check and read the above details and requirements to ascertain your eligibility. And if you found yourself eligible then proceed with your application by preparing the proper documentation.
You can get access to the documents pertaining to this scholarship by using the following links:
If you need further information, head over to the University of Turin’s official website.
You may also be interested in
- (NRRP) 280 Ph.D. Scholarships at The University of Bologna Italy
- Jobs for Afghan nationals by the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) and NORCAP
- KFUPM Master PhD scholarship Saudi Arabia
- Application for continuing bachelor’s studies
- International Local Authorities Internship Program 2022 in Turkey
- Sydney Scholars Awards | Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students
- Canada Destination Québec Scholarships for merit and waivers from supplemental tuition expenses 2022
ADBI Capacity Building and Training Program (Online Lecture Series) announcement Courses
A. Noam Chomsky Global Connections Awards 2022 for Scholars announcement Award/Grant Competition