September 29, 2022
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) of the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has announced 950 scholarships for young Afghans for the academic years 2022 and 2023. This scholarship is for young male and female Afghans living in India under a unique mechanism with the joint effort of the Afghan Embassy in India and the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Those who live in Afghanistan and interested to apply for scholarship are not eligible. They should wait until the condition gets normal.
Four categories of students will be eligible to apply for this scholarship as follows:
- Those students who lived in India and continued their studies with personal payments but are facing financial problems after the political changes in Afghanistan can apply for this scholarship. Their applications are reviewed, and the eligible students are evaluated. Students who previously studied in India through this scholarship and were considered for the second span of this scholarship to continue their higher education can also apply.
- Afghan refugees in India who are eligible to enrol to Indian public universities and have submitted their applications to ICCR can qualify for this scholarship. Also, Syed Jamaluddin Afghan School students in India, can apply for this scholarship.
- Afghans who came to India for military studies and had passed their military courses but wanted to continue their studies in civilian fields will be eligible to continue their studies after implementing this procedure.
- Afghans who entered India before August 15, 2021, and couldn’t return to the country but wanted to continue their studies can continue their courses after they apply for this scholarship.
Students Who are Stuck in Afghanistan
The Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in India is in close contact with the relevant Indian authorities and is continuously considering educational issues. The Embassy is trying to transfer about 2500 students stuck in Afghanistan.
The Embassy is currently working on an alternative to save the time and studies of students stuck in Afghanistan.
Find More Scholarships
- 2022/23 South Korean International Scholarships
- British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships 2023
- Oxford University Simon and June Li Undergraduate Scholarship 2023
Fortunately, the courses of 600 students have started online, and the same solution will be implemented for the rest of the students.